Thread: CIC article in the shooting times relating to other organisations measuring services

CIC article in the shooting times relating to other organisations measuring services

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

An important article in this weeks Shooting Times written in association with the CIC and UK Trophy Evaluation Board, regarding trophy measuring by organisations not connected to, licensed by or authorised by the CIC to offer measurements that clearly rely on the internationally copyrighted CIC measuring formula.

It also mentions for the first time a number of glaring errors arising from these measuring services, including miss identification of horned species and massive inconsistencies in scores for one of the simplest species to measure, Chinese water deer.

Since the creation of this FB page we have been regularly contacted by stalkers from the UK who have been confused by the scores and lack of CIC recognition for their trophies. This should give stalkers and land owners a clear perspective on the services available and reassure them that the CIC/UKTEB is the only real choice for correct and internationally recognised trophy evaluation.

Miss identification of horned species!!

That's worrying...............stick with CIC all the way.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

I have never had a trophy officially measured (although I have one drying ATM that i intend to soon), but it has always been my intention to use CIC. This has been for a number of reasons not least the recognition that CiC have in this country and internationally.

I will say however that articles slating other providers do CIC no favours as an organisation. I'm sure none of the organisations are prefect (including CIC). I always feel it's better to shine as an organisation and be recognised as being the best by ones own merits, rather than having to sling mud at others to highlight their deficiencies.....

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    I have never had a trophy officially measured (although I have one drying ATM that i intend to soon), but it has always been my intention to use CIC. This has been for a number of reasons not least the recognition that CiC have in this country and internationally.

I will say however that articles slating other providers do CIC no favours as an organisation. I'm sure none of the organisations are prefect (including CIC). I always feel it's better to shine as an organisation and be recognised as being the best by ones own merits, rather than having to sling mud at others to highlight their deficiencies.....
    I don't think that was a mudsling pm basc wasn't mentioned once by chriseo ! Opps sorry
    cic is really the only credible measuring service IMO
    norma

I don't personally see any mud slinging either.

But I would add that if any person for any organisation undertaking official measuring cannot make the right identification of the species he is measuring, they should not be a measurer in the first place in my opinion.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

As I said, I have no add to grind either way. Given the choice I will be using CIC, but highlighting other measurers faults rather than only ones own strengths is not the way to go (in my opinion).

It would be possible to highlight problems with CIC measuring in the past also but I don't think that would be productive would it?

CIC is certainly not perfect or free from defects. Their measurers have made errors in the past. I know this from personal experience. - I have a sika that was measured by different CIC measurers & was given Gold by one & Silver by the other. For that reason I will never have another head measured by any organization. I also don't need the bragging rights!
    The OP is IMHO exhibiting defensive behaviour which may have been brought on by the thought of loosing their revenue stream. The "holier than the others" wording that has been posted recently is distasteful & ungentlemanlike.

Ian
    Last edited by Yorric; 28-08-2015 at 13:49.

It would seem that there are discrepancies within all the organisations,
    i don't know why the CIC has chosen to start throwing mud in such a public way,
    what are they afraid of?
    As has been said many times the CIC are International recognised measures,
    BASC and BDS have there merusering teams and between them 140,000+ members and they are here to stay,
    lets stop the mud slinging and all get on.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Why do some keep reinventing the wheel? Basc do it all the time with their codes of this and that (eg snaring, why not just use the official DEFRA one?

CIC are the standard and my clients will not want a non recognised money making scoring scheme that frankly means nothing.