Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norrona finnskogen... Worth the money?

Norrona finnskogen... Worth the money?

As the title says really, any experience? It is well insulated winter gear or more of a layering system, it's not clear from their website? Anyone got first hand experience with it?
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I've got the Finnskogen trousers & love them, not as thick or as hard wearing as the harkila but great for summer and winter as they are light and have vents for summer & in winter with a decent under layer. I guess it's personal preference but I've always found a few layers are better than one thick one. Also there not button up but zip fly and Velcro which works really well.

if you get the jacket I would be interested in a review.

Thanks for that, any other experiences gents?

I have a pair the last four seasons got a lot of wear on the hill, great pair of trouser, light and you can open the vents to keep cool. Would difinately recomend them.

Wicklow202

These are the ones im looking at, no mention of vents? Are they the same?

finnskogen Gore-Tex Pants (M/W) | Norrøna®

There the ones I have there are two zips down the inside of the legs. A friend has the dovre DRI and rates them as well.

Wicklow202

Quote Originally Posted by wicklow202 View Post
    There the ones I have there are two zips down the inside of the legs. A friend has the dovre DRI and rates them as well.

Wicklow202
    Thanks

I have both the norona and harkila. The norrona is thinner and have warn it down to minus 2. I wear a fleece shirt (johnnorris special), tea cosy hat and some seal skin gloves. It's ok for when going up hill and get over hot, but sat in a corry out of the sun when spying or having your piece. it gets a bit Baltic, so I have a fleece in a ruck sack, a buff thingy round my neck and a neoprene balaclava. I also bought from a camping shop a foam seat too. To be fair, I do the same with the harkila, but prefere that when really cold and blowing a gale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    I have both the norona and harkila. The norrona is thinner and have warn it down to minus 2. I wear a fleece shirt (johnnorris special), tea cosy hat and some seal skin gloves. It's ok for when going up hill and get over hot, but sat in a corry out of the sun when spying or having your piece. it gets a bit Baltic, so I have a fleece in a ruck sack, a buff thingy round my neck and a neoprene balaclava. I also bought from a camping shop a foam seat too. To be fair, I do the same with the harkila, but prefere that when really cold and blowing a gale.
    Helpful, thanks, so presume with thermals on, it'd be good then?
    Also, from the image in the link it looks pretty baggy, more like ski salopettes than stalking trousers, is that the case or is it more fitted than it looks? Sort of looks more like a waterproof over trouser?

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Helpful, thanks, so presume with thermals on, it'd be good then?
    Also, from the image in the link it looks pretty baggy, more like ski salopettes than stalking trousers, is that the case or is it more fitted than it looks? Sort of looks more like a waterproof over trouser?

It should be..but I caveat that with it depends on your stalking. Mine is west coast of Scotland in November usually and yorkshire all year round. The last few years it hasn't been bitter..but if high seat or driving cold wind..harkila. Ive not been out in really bad weather to test the norrona and only had them for a year, I learned about them from my FC mates who are out all the time. Don't think they have ripped them yet. As for fit, It depends how big you are. I bought my harkila trousers longer than I should, which do balloon a bit..and also hold in farts . The norrona are closer fitting.

Norrona Finnskogen Gore-Tex Pants