Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new knife

new knife

Ive treated myself to a cold steel master hunter knife, I like mine sharp but this thing is sharper than any other ive tried, hopefully I will get to gralloch with it over the weekend without cutting myself.
    Last edited by swarovski; 31-08-2015 at 09:06.

Still got all your fingers??

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Yep all fingers were present after the gralloch.a truely sharp knifeAttachment 60692

How will you sharpen it when the time comes ? Only asking as I've a nice knife that I've only stropped daren't get a lansky to it
    norma

I have been tying to persuade myself to buy the Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter, if that's what yours Is ... Handled one at a game fair and thought It was nice to hold and certainly a good blade ... But It's that old thing again, do I need another knife? ... Perhaps If I could get a nice leather sheath made for It and now Richard has gone North who would do one .... Hope It serves you well and let us know how it keeps an edge.
    ... Altogether a rather better class of Remington 222 user ...

I was handling and photographing a range of Cold Steel knives not too long ago (About a dozen different models). I have to say that I was seriously impressed at how razor sharp they were straight out of the box and how well they seemed to fit in my hand.
    Does anyone with experience of them know how well they hold their edge and what they are like to re-sharpen please?

I didn't need a new knife.ive had a schrade old timer buck knife with gut hook for about 15 years that's probaly seen 900 grallochs.still going strong.i just fancied a new one.a mate bought one a week or so ago.i went and saw it.liked the look and feel and as a ready mentioned razor sharp.am curios too on how it's going to hold its edge

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    I've tried a few Cold Steel knives over the years but I just can't find myself warming to them.

Maybe it's the overt tacticool styling, the homeless manufacturing, or the Hong-Kong-Phooey martial arts association, but as knives go they seem particularly soulless to me. They know their market better than me, and I might think different if being attacked by the zombie hordes

If you want a workmanlike blade then it's very hard to beat a Mora.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 31-08-2015 at 11:00.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

They do make some weird shape knives.i went for the typical hunting type.to be honest it was nice to use.almost easier.