Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Women and Reloading

  1. #1

    Women and Reloading

    My girl friend has been around reloading all her life -helping her dad reload when she was a kid and, more recently, hanging out with me. We have loaded 7x57 and .222 for her rifles and she always seemed very proud of herself and remarkably more insistent on range time to test her loads afterwards. Last night I gave her her first lesson in loading 9mm on "her" Dillon press. Once when picked up speed she was loading about 250 rounds an hour by the clock, discounting the down times to make adjustments or fix glitches. Not the top speed for the machine by any means but a pretty good clip for someone never exposed to (semi) automatic progressive loaders. She was thrilled that she loaded 4 weeks practice ammo "...before supper" and regretted that we couldn't go to the range and try them.

    I wonder if some men lose an opportunity for encouragement with their significant others by possibly excluding them from this part of the shooting sport? My girl says is adds a whole new aspect to shooting and hunting.~Muir

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I wonder if some men lose an opportunity for encouragement with their significant others by possibly excluding them from this part of the shooting sport? My girl says is adds a whole new aspect to shooting and hunting.~Muir
    How thoughtful! Now, to teach her outboard motor repair.

    Just kidding. You are actually quite right. All our activities are more enjoyable when we can share them and know that our families approve, especially by joining us in some aspect.

  3. #3
    Im sure a lot of women reload their own ammo, my mrs is not interested, and definately wont help me when casting, dirty smelly etc LOL
    Cheers
    Ray

  4. #4
    Due to my stalking and shooting outings, I already give my wife enough ammunition with which to use on me without helping her to reload!

    ATB 243 Stalker

  5. #5
    Can even get my wife in the shed, let alone help me with anything to do with my pastime.

    M

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 243 Stalker View Post
    Due to my stalking and shooting outings, I already give my wife enough ammunition with which to use on me without helping her to reload!

    ATB 243 Stalker


    My girl friend lost her hunting rifle in her divorce (her Ex just kept it, despite her having had it since her teens) So I lent her one of mine to see how serious she was about the sport. Right in the middle of this arrangement, a friend of mine gave her a custom 7x57 built on a Commercial FN Mauser action. When she saw tight groups coming from the loads she made, she got even more excited about shooting the rifle. Likewise this summer when she was dusting prairiedogs at 200-300 yards with her handloads from the .222 I gave her. This 9mm is the first gun she has bought for herself so loading accurate ammo for it is a very satisfying proposition for her.

    Maybe the whole process begins with the women folk having their own rifles?? If they don't, they might not feel vested enough to ever want to reload. Maybe that's the catalyst?~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 30-08-2015 at 01:21.

  7. #7
    Jesus h Christ Muir !!!!!
    Bloody expensive enough as is ,!!!!
    Heeheeehee

    Seriously tho , my wife had a go plunking at gongs 300-500 yds and now wants to do more ,
    She has helped me once reloading & showed bit of interest

    Paul

  8. #8
    Mrs Finnbear is only interested in how well MY foxing reloads, worked in HER Remington police special .223, I really miss all those Nosler 40gn poly tips, she blasted off around fifty in one range session.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post

    My girl friend lost her hunting rifle in her divorce (her Ex just kept it, despite her having had it since her teens) So I lent her one of mine to see how serious she was about the sport. Right in the middle of this arrangement, a friend of mine gave her a custom 7x57 built on a Commercial FN Mauser action. When she saw tight groups coming from the loads she made, she got even more excited about shooting the rifle. Likewise this summer when she was dusting prairiedogs at 200-300 yards with her handloads from the .222 I gave her. This 9mm is the first gun she has bought for herself so loading accurate ammo for it is a very satisfying proposition for her.

    Maybe the whole process begins with the women folk having their own rifles?? If they don't, they might not feel vested enough to ever want to reload. Maybe that's the catalyst?~Muir
    Don't forget she is pretty handy with her "pink gloves"
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

  10. #10
    My three year old daughter helps me reload. She likes putting the brass into the trays for me ��

Similar Threads

  1. Women
    By Robbo617 in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 18:08
  2. Women and shooting.
    By 8x57 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 20:46
  3. some women !
    By MrYou in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-10-2011, 18:34
  4. What Women Want?
    By yabanjin in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 12:20
  5. Women
    By bigmick11 in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-05-2010, 19:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •