Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use it or lose it: Current rifles

Use it or lose it: Current rifles

Following on from the other thread, someone at the range today said that his FEO on the last visit wanted to see each rifle being used 4x a year.

That seems very specific! Is there any actual guidance or legislation surrounding this, or has he just got a fussy FEO?

Sometimes it seems like each FEO makes it up as they go along!

SD Regular
    I think that if you can justify why you need it then you should not have a problem. After all how many times does a GOOD golfer use his "thingy" for getting balls out of water hazards?

Quote Originally Posted by roodles View Post
    Following on from the other thread, someone at the range today said that his FEO on the last visit wanted to see each rifle being used 4x a year.

That seems very specific! Is there any actual guidance or legislation surrounding this, or has he just got a fussy FEO?

Sometimes it seems like each FEO makes it up as they go along!
    This falls under section 13:53 of the firearms act which says target shooters should regularly use their firearms three times a year or more to satisfy the good reason clause.

Interesting... Have you got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    This falls under section 13:53 of the firearms act which says target shooters should regularly use their firearms three times a year or more to satisfy the good reason clause.

Ive heard this also from my target club they automatically email FD about members who attend 4 times or less over 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    Ive heard this also from my target club they automatically email FD about members who attend 4 times or less over 12 months
    Ah but this wasn't about attendance, this was per rifle.

Most target shooters are members of multiple clubs, so I just wondered how it was monitored if only the primary club has to submit attendance records.

It seems to me that there is so much inconsistency in the application of rules, that nobody really knows what is expected of them!

Interesting... Have you got a link?
    On this forum under legal issues, look at the top and you will find the link, then just scroll down to section 13:53

This is the home office guidelines for all feo's to go to for their guidance

Ah thanks... Interesting!

Although I read that completely differently... I read it as three or less would be reason to ask questions, not "take action"...

IMO the law really is a big complicated mess, I think they should tear it all up and write something that everyone can follow... Amendments to amendments really is a steaming pile

Ah thanks... Interesting!

Although I read that completely differently... I read it as three or less would be reason to ask questions, not "take action"...

IMO the law really is a big complicated mess, I think they should tear it all up and write something that everyone can follow... Amendments to amendments really is a steaming pile
    Whilst I agree with your logic I am 100% certain it would not be rewritten with us in mind and be an improvement for us.

Agreed... It would be rewritten by the EU overlords and we'd all be firing chewed up paper through McDonald's straws

The straws would be biodegradable, of course