Thread: sales access

sales access

as ive racked up 30 posts why cant I access the sales section, atb ray

How are you going about it?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Give it time and it will all click into place. You seem very keen to get into classifieds, but then again I see that most of your posts have been in and around sales, so I am not surprised. The 30 post rule was introduced to stop people from joining the site just to buy and sell kit, and even then they have to be meaningful posts and not lust a simple hello or welcome, when this does happen we just delete the posts and their target is just as far away as ever. It is a favoured ploy by traders who want to ply their trade and avoid paying 10 trade membership, but they invariably get caught out and either become traders or get banned, so that is a potted history.

I moved your post as introductions was not the place for it.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

John - apologies for thread hijack....

I've just completed my own hunting lodge (to my own design, my company collaborating with joinery company) - I also have designs for single, double and triple range huts.

I was going to post some pictures for people to see and to let them know they could get in contact with me if they were interested in one of their own.

Do I need to go trade membership for this one-off ish thing?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

The classifieds are meant for people to be able to buy and sell personal kit, if people are selling kit commercially then they need trade membership, you tell me how this fits with you?

QUOTE=Hereford;1011481]John - apologies for thread hijack....

I've just completed my own hunting lodge (to my own design, my company collaborating with joinery company) - I also have designs for single, double and triple range huts.

I was going to post some pictures for people to see and to let them know they could get in contact with me if they were interested in one of their own.

Do I need to go trade membership for this one-off ish thing?[/QUOTE]
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    The classifieds are meant for people to be able to buy and sell personal kit, if people are selling kit commercially then they need trade membership, you tell me how this fits with you?

QUOTE=Hereford;1011481]John - apologies for thread hijack....

Do I need to go trade membership for this one-off ish thing?
    [/QUOTE]

I would say trade, although under what heading I don't know! I'll work it out and start off with a 1 month trade and see where it goes - am not expecting massive response as these are well made, higher value portable buildings.

Thanks for the advise - better to ask and get it right the first time

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I suppose if you're going to make a profit then it's trade ?

Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    I suppose if you're going to make a profit then it's trade ?
    hopefully?

Ctrl-Alt FACT

I suspect rodp, the are a good few people on here who make a profit from stuff they sell. There's a lot of stuff goes through the site and it won't all be philanthropic, if that's the word. Hard to draw a line, although I note the admin team are keeping an eye on the chancers.

Ten quid trade seems a very small amount, even for a one off punt.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!