Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sika Whistling

Sika Whistling

Heard my first one of the year yesterday late afternoon here on the northern edge of the Monadhliaths. Fair gets the adrenaline up! September one of my favourite months...... Stags roaring, geese migrating, bracken turning....... Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    Heard my first one of the year yesterday late afternoon here on the northern edge of the Monadhliaths. Fair gets the adrenaline up! September one of my favourite months...... Stags roaring, geese migrating, bracken turning....... Bring it on!
    couldnt agree with you more,sort of an eerie sound too I think

Bit early for down this way, but not long I must admit.

M

Nothing in Wicklow yet but season starts on Tuesday...

Hearing a sika stag giving his mournful call in the deepening evening next to a forest block must be one of the eeriest sounds possible. It certaily raised the hair on the back of my neck.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Never mind the Sika whistling, I saw my first mahoosive house spider last night. Early start this year and as usual, scared the bejeesus out of me.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JockStalk View Post
    Never mind the Sika whistling, I saw my first mahoosive house spider last night. Early start this year and as usual, scared the bejeesus out of me.
    Ooooft. Good luck with that, hopefully you'll be able to use a few cushions as cover to get in close enough to get a clinical result. Mind not to drop him down the back of the sofa-could make extraction tricky.

I'll stick to the Sika myself, tend to be a bit tastier too.

Love it! -
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Nothing calling here yet, was in Bowland all day yesterday.

Could not agree more, great sound! Heading up next week, can't wait!!