Thread: Who uses a Fox pro?

Who uses a Fox pro?

I am maybe interested in a Fox pro and was wondering which model was the best and how they perform ie. distance wise and quality of calls and how easy it would be to put calls on.I only really want to hear from people that have proper fist hand experience please,otherwise threads have a nasty tendency to be hijacked...............thanks in advance

Martin

I have a spitfire. Range about 80 yards. Never bothered changing calls. Sometimes they work and call foxes in and sometimes they don't. At the moment they are ignoring it probably because there is loads of food.
    The hand control is the thing to look at. The writing with the spitfire is large enough to see when out. Some of the fancier ones have loads of calls on them but the writing is so small you haven't a clue as you can't read it. I don't know if the writing can be made bigger. But that is probably the most important thing to keep in mind.

personally I think the others are overpriced. But that is only an opinion based on me being a tightwad.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have the Spitfire and am happy with it. Managing the calls is easy enough via the software supplied. The range has not caused me issues as I normally put it out about 60 yards away. It is better to raise the unit up off the ground if you can as this maximises the range. Quality of calls is good, I have had a fox run in fast and bite the caller then jump back in alarm to be met by a small gift from yours truly. I agree that the writing is small but the text size can be increased quite readily but then only displays call number not description. Reading glasses are another option!
    Last edited by srvet; 31-08-2015 at 17:10.

The first place I would look is on the FoxPro websites and decided on what you need or what you may need for a call in the future . the more expensive ones have all sort's of Gizmo's on them .I started with a wildfire 2 and it worked and performed perfect and the only reason i changed model is that I do a lot of foxing on my own so I decided to change for the crossfire which is a bit louder a longer control distance not that should make much difference as I only put it out to 60/70 yards the most important thing for me was the fact you can pear the control unit up with a switch which you mount on the side of you gun which allows you to mute and change to a pre set call .if at the time of buying the crossfire if I had the extra cash I would have gone for the fusion which has even more hope this helps if you had been a little closer you would have been more than welcome to see for your self atb Craig

Definitely agree with raising it off the ground. I use a cheap flexible tripod, about 2 on eBay, as it has a tripod mount on the bottom. Volume of the calls seems plenty enough, I often end up turning it down when using any of the pup calls as it winds all of the local dogs up. Range is okay, but much better then you raise it. haven't really have a problem, but only go out to about 70 yards. Calls are easy to load.

I have a Foxpro Sorpion and it works a treat......

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I have the fox pro wildfire 2 and its fine,

I use a 2' high metal post to help it off the ground and I get out to 130 yards,

I also have 331 calls for my use, some of them are just to funny for the uk to delete.

I also have the FoxPro attractor and that works well in the stubble and has pulled cubs in from way off.

my only issue is distance but who needs that when you can call then in from afar using it from the truck with an external speaker. purchased from maplins for 9.99,

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Bob,
    i found with the foxpro outside the truck on full blast I had to stick my fingers in my ears. Never thought it needed an external speaker. I must be a sensitive soul. Lol
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Martin

Talk to Paddy on here, what he doesnt know about Fox Pro;'s isn't worth knowing. I have seen him in action in Devon on several occassions and its a serious eye opener. He will put you straight.

D

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Bob,
    i found with the foxpro outside the truck on full blast I had to stick my fingers in my ears. Never thought it needed an external speaker. I must be a sensitive soul. Lol

Caller in the glove box with its speaker off the remote on a Velcro pad on the dashboard,external speaker on the end of the bonnet, max volume for me on most class is about 16 adjusting it as and when,

Bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 01-09-2015 at 20:51.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube