Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browning Superposed 28 and 410

Browning Superposed 28 and 410

About two weeks ago I found a pair of Browning Superposed shotguns . That unto itself is no big deal , but these two happened to be in 28 gauge and 410 bore both skeet guns from 1970 . I already had a pair of 12's and a pair of 20 gauge Superposed so I thought these two might be a nice addition to my little collection of Brownings !

Got the 28 gauge last Friday .

~

The 28 tested negative for salt wood !

And I got the 410 yesterday it also tested negative for salt wood .

~

~

The 28 was LINB and appeared to have been used very very little if any . The 410 didn't have the box but came in a Browning period hard case . The seller was a Browning collector who had gotten it from his deceased uncles Browning collection and was sold to me as unfired except at the factory and I gotta say I do not think it was misrepresented !

Account Suspended
    Very nce

oh my goodness ! they are lovely !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Very nice - now the debate, keep them as is unfired, or get out and use them as intended - just the thing for quail and doves, or even grouse and snipe.

use them ! it's what they were made for !

do you not shag your bird to keep her in good shape for the future or do you live for the now!

I've taken up to peasants with 28 and 410 , pick your shots and it's very satisfying !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    ..get out and use them as intended - just the thing ..grouse and snipe.
    If you can shoot bloody Snipe with a 410, you are a better man than me....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    If you can shoot bloody Snipe with a 410, you are a better man than me....
    Absolutely!
    Many years ago I was shooting in Southern Ireland and an old boy said to me after I had been blazing away at some snipe with a considerable lack of success "Sure to shoot snipe you need a gun that spreads and acre and carries a mile". I thought that just about summed it up. I'm not sure a 410 has that ability!

Beautiful! My favorite quail, woodcock, grouse and dove gun is a Browning 28 gauge, bored SK/SK. Not whippy, but points quickly, with enough barrel weight for high approaching shots in the woods, or dove passing a point.

These two are kind of a novelty to me . I've shot well past 100,000 shells in 28's and 410's at skeet over the years both registered and for fun . My days of chasing grouse are over . Might do the quail thing one day but of I do it in the south from a mule wagon I'd consider an O/U poor form . Much rather use a 28 or 410 SxS . Now I might be inclined to take one of them to a dove field but of course I'll have a SxS or two with me as well .

They will both be heading to the skeet field Thursday afternoon !