Thread: New coat

New coat

After the useful comments about Harkila trousers Im now looking for a new coat.
    I have a couple of Montana camo 5in1 and an aigle I usually use for game shooting and the usual fleeces but Im after something thats not too heavy but warm yet light enough to wear when slogging about.
    Ive just been in a hire shop and they have a Metabo heated coat!!
    not only heated but waterproof, micro fleece lined and the battery can be attached to your phone to charge it. 120
    its hip length and green which suits me rather than camo.

has anyone any experience of this type of coat?
    Are there better options out there?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I don't know about that make but Heated jackets tend to use about 3.5 or 4.5 amps. Or about 44 watts, you work out which is the correct amps. Well the one I use on my motorbikes does. So if it is less than that I would question if it will be any good and how long will the battery last. And my jacket is nearly 20 years old so I don't know if the technology has gotten any better.
    I now use mine up in the highseat in the winter cos I hate the fxxxxxn cold.
    For the record it was the best bit of kit I ever bought for use on a bike and now that it is also seeing use up the highseat? Excellent.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I don't know about heated coats, but I have used my Loden Coat for years. The great thing is, it gets soakin' wet but you stay toasty warm in it. Because it is wool, it will weigh a bit more, when wet, but I'd rather be wet and very warm, than dry and frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by BearStalker View Post
    I don't know about heated coats, but I have used my Loden Coat for years. The great thing is, it gets soakin' wet but you stay toasty warm in it. Because it is wool, it will weigh a bit more, when wet, but I'd rather be wet and very warm, than dry and frozen.
    Yes, but you ,I've in Scotland. You probably wear flip flops and shorts up until Christmas. Us Soft southerners light the fire when the temperature needle dips below 60.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Yes, but you ,I've in Scotland. You probably wear flip flops and shorts up until Christmas. Us Soft southerners light the fire when the temperature needle dips below 60.

Went down the seeland route.
    impressd with their kit.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Went down the seeland route.
    impressd with their kit.
    I bought a Seeland coat for my wife. She's impressed too. Unfortunately the fabric caught on a twig and looked damaged but Seeland repaired it free of charge.