Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sauer 202 questions

Sauer 202 questions

What are your thoughts on support for repairs or parts or new barrels from Sauer now that they no longer make the 202. Will you be able to get a barrel 20 years from now? What if something breaks?

Don't think they have stopped making it? The 404 is an addition as I understand.

According to German sites, as of July 1, production has stopped.

According to 'german sites'? Who? Have you emailed Sauer to ask? They will be able to tell you the truth, there are no plans to stop production of the 202, why on earth would they!! It's been a raving success, and just because they've brought the 404 out, it's hardly going to spell the end of one of their most successful other products, it's yet to be proved as a success itself, I'd be more worried about getting parts for one of them in the future if they were to be a flop....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I suspect this is why they haven't gone hell for leather on a new product launch and promo, rather taking a softer drip feed approach. Much like the Sako A6, though I suspect for different reasons. Why would you want your core market to ditch their stable mate, resulting in flooding the market with second hand 202s.

I would also expect it to be as accurate as a Blaser...but I'm not sure it is..
    Last edited by Wills; 04-09-2015 at 15:19.

It appears that it is true that the 202 has been discontinued. Its a shame because it is a lovely rifle. Deerstalker.308, I asked a mutual german friend to investigate getting a .308 barrel for mine, he was told production stopped in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen of Imaal View Post
    It appears that it is true that the 202 has been discontinued. Its a shame because it is a lovely rifle. Deerstalker.308, I asked a mutual german friend to investigate getting a .308 barrel for mine, he was told production stopped in July.
    Blimey, fair do's then, seems very short sighted of them in that case...... Just as well I just bought a Blaser then!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Does this mean there's going to be a massive "everything must go!" sale of 202s and I can pick up a Take-down Elegance for 75 if I look out for it?
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"