Thread: where to buy harris bipods

where to buy harris bipods

what's the best mailorder/online order place in the UK for harris bipods? ie. actually have the stock and also are very price competitive and ship promptly.

and no, it's not for me...real stalkers don't use bipods, we all know that

Try Swillington shooting supplies, fantastic service

sorted now, ended up going bushwear...remarkable how few online retailers in the UK carry a comprehensive range they also actually have in stock to ship same day,..some were selling goods that were not even in the country and were being imported from the US upon order being placed!..

Yes that same thing has happened to me, that why I only now use Swillington, try them the next time, I'm sure they will not disappoint you!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    sorted now, ended up going bushwear...remarkable how few online retailers in the UK carry a comprehensive range they also actually have in stock to ship same day,..some were selling goods that were not even in the country and were being imported from the US upon order being placed!..
    excellent, support your local shop or it wont be there when you need it

Bushwear's service is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    excellent, support your local shop or it wont be there when you need it
    Sadly that ship sailed a long time ago as you'll know being in the Borders yourself, there's virtually no stock in any of the few remaining shops, that which there is, is usually not to the specs one is looking for, or an older model, and if you want an exchange, it's unlikely they'll have what you want instead..and price for something like a Harris is often close to 25% over the best online prices.

Trust me, I love a good old gunshop and wouldn't mind opening one up one day if finances permitted; however, the truth is that as it stands, most smaller shops simply do not have a selection of goods which makes it worth the diesel and time to get there and back along with the likelyhood of disappointments in product choice and price. These days people want vast product choice and competitive prices, people don't go to a shop for a recommendation and accept what's handed over; todays shopper has done his/her research online and will know what they want, what's the best product, etc. and then go to a shop which has the entire spectrum of the shortlist created..if a small shop does not have those products shortlisted, they will not get a visit. Even worse of course is when the shopper tries a lot of gear and takes the staffs time, and then goes and buys the chosen product online, but that's the way it is, and shops need to structure themselves to cater for these types of shoppers in order to remain competitive and commercially viable.

How are small local shops going to survive? well, that's a tough one, maybe a change of business strategy is needed and a change in product choices or focus, but the traditional local shop is going to struggle until/unless it learns to reinvents itself and fit into todays market. In my mind, a small local gunshop that sells a few guns, a bit of ammo, and some random accessories as well as apparel is not really a gunshop, it's a retailer and is going to disappear..a gunshop knows their stuff, the products in the market, technical knowledge, are able to converse professionally and will have a network to source the products the clients require very quickly. Moreover, go into a local 'gunshop' and ask them to fit you a new set of clawmount rings,,they'll stare are you like you're a green eyed monster, if they even know what clawmounts are,,or ask them to describe the different fixtures and locking mechanisms on Recknagels mounts or why the Ziegler ZP kontra mount is not good for dangerous game if the bolt shroud is quite tall or scope mounted very low...ask them to build you a new silvers recoil pad or bend the stock on your shotgun...ask them to solder some new express sights on your rifle and regulate them with a specific load, ...etc. etc.... in most instances, no luck and the client goes elsewhere.
    What perhaps is needed, is a more rounded shop service, more gunsmith based than retail based..people can't buy that online..