Thread: Sako M591 Action Question

Sako M591 Action Question

I'm after a little help if possible please. I'm after a replacement stock for a sako M591 and as they seem fairly hard tto get hold of I thought I'd fill in a product request form on the Boyds website. One of the questions is what action is it? I'm afraid I'm completely in the dark so I was hoping that someone on here would be able to advise me.

Many Thanks

Short or long action depending on calibre

Legolas

This member was selling one a while ago.

For Sale: Sako M591 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Short or long action depending on calibre
    The M591 is a medium action. The short action Sako of the same era is the 491 and the long action one the 691.

Thanks for the feedback gents. It's a .308. Frank, thanks for the link, I saw that stock advertised elsewhere but it had gone by the time I spotted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    I'm after a little help if possible please. I'm after a replacement stock for a sako M591 and as they seem fairly hard tto get hold of I thought I'd fill in a product request form on the Boyds website. One of the questions is what action is it? I'm afraid I'm completely in the dark so I was hoping that someone on here would be able to advise me.

Many Thanks
    Hi legolas please do as more people that fill in a product request with boyds they may actually do a stock to fit the 591 l put in a request about two weeks ago . The only other stock make I have found is Macmillan gun stocks but they come in at about $500 there is some one in the USA on eBay that dose a one but not fully finished