Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what are your experiences of Riflecraft?

So what are your experiences of Riflecraft?

As the title says, thinking of getting a new rifle built, they appear to be very knowledgable and professional when you talk to them. What experiences have people had in dealing with them? Attitude, keeping to their delivery dates, helpfulness, after service, advice?

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Nigel
    So much to learn and so little time left

As you're in essex I'd use jäger SA easy to pop in and check progress and good workmanship not what you asked for granted but worth considering .
    norma

I've dealt with both and James is very reasonable in his prices, he'll build you a rifle that will perform faultlessly, at a fraction of the cost that Riflecraft will charge, he has a passion for building accurate rifles. deerwarden

Ten products I've bought from them have been good and shipped quickly, however, people I know who have had work done on their rifles haven't been impressed.

Not much positive here guys. Anyone got a good word to say about Riflecraft?
    So much to learn and so little time left

Get a Tikka and a new bike!!

Jager is very good. He sorted my .22lr out and he is very reasonable. That's who I will use for my work.

Heard some very bad reports of rifle work and you'll pay a lot of money. Seen some coatings which were quite frankly awful!
    Jager SA will do either for a fraction of the price. His coating work is probably the best there is as he's been doing it for a very long time.
    His admin is much worse though as he is a 'one man band' and can't always answer the phone when spraying or machining.
    I'd rather go with good workmanship at a good price though rather than good admin and a poor and overpriced product.
    Price is not always a guarantee of quality.
    I'd go with quality every time!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Heard some very bad reports of rifle work and you'll pay a lot of money. Seen some coatings which were quite frankly awful!
    Jager SA will do either for a fraction of the price. His coating work is probably the best there is as he's been doing it for a very long time.
    His admin is much worse though as he is a 'one man band' and can't always answer the phone when spraying or machining.
    I'd rather go with good workmanship at a good price though rather than good admin and a poor and overpriced product.
    Price is not always a guarantee of quality.
    I'd go with quality every time!
    MS
    Funny you say that as one friend said his ceracote job was so bad he could pick flakes off it less than a year later.

A friend of mine had some work done on his rifle by riflecraft and it was terrible I'd never use them. Plus I don't know how true it is I've just heard that his rifle smiths have walked out on him but that is only here say.
    I'd definitely use Jager SA his work is first class and you won't beat him on price.
    Just be prepared for a wait as he's in high demand for his work but it will be worth it.
    Last edited by crouch valley; 06-09-2015 at 05:12.