Wanted: Searching for High volume Wood pigeon Shooting

MrSinning

Myself and some of my friends are trying to find a good contact who can deliver high volume wood pigeon shoots, over decoys with hide etc. all over the UK.

We have been hunting Serbia and Hungary for pigeons and doves, but now we have been talking about trying the UK. And maybe combine the wood pigeon hunting with maybe CWD and Muntjac if this is possible!!

Thanks

Kind regards

Jesper

I once used a guy advertising on the internet as Warwickshire Pigeon. Arrived at the meeting point and asked for a receipt for the cash that I paid to him. So that if challenged by any landowner, or police officer, I could produce said receipt.

"Oh", he says, "I don't issue receipts". OK. So off I go to shoot. Put in a field in the place he suggested and in the three hours there see ONE pigeon. Which fortunately I manage to shoot and kill.

So I call him on his mobile and he returns taking me to a field some miles distant from this one. "The hide is over these fields, park your car on the side of the road, it'll be OK". This happens to be an isolated road and the car, from the "shooting" field clearly cannot be seen. So I decline asking if he really expects anyone to park a car where it can't be seen, so looks as if may have been "dumped" and leave it for three hours.

So off we go to another field. More miles distant. By the side of a dual carriageway. So I just thank him for his time and decline to waste any more time.

So if you are tempted there's my feedback on "Lee" of Warwickshire Pigeon. Cash only...no receipt. Not the way that I like to shoot on land I don't know who the owner is and have no piece of paper to confrim that I am shoting there with lawful permission.

You were lucky then, a friend of mine, as been done by this Fellow that you mentioned, took him to a field, after paying him £60, on his arrival....1 hour later and stinking of booze like a pub cellar, got dumped in a field. My friend setted up, to then be greeted by the estate game keeper, telling him, that the person, that sold the day to him, had no shooting rights, he didn't go down well, thankfully the gamekeeper, knows wells this fellow, that sold the day to my friend and understood the situation, didn't report my friend for arm trespass.

I once used a guy advertising on the internet as Warwickshire Pigeon. Arrived at the meeting point and asked for a receipt for the cash that I paid to him. So that if challenged by any landowner, or police officer, I could produce said receipt.

"Oh", he says, "I don't issue receipts". OK. So off I go to shoot. Put in a field in the place he suggested and in the three hours there see ONE pigeon. Which fortunately I manage to shoot and kill.

So I call him on his mobile and he returns taking me to a field some miles distant from this one. "The hide is over these fields, park your car on the side of the road, it'll be OK". This happens to be an isolated road and the car, from the "shooting" field clearly cannot be seen. So I decline asking if he really expects anyone to park a car where it can't be seen, so looks as if may have been "dumped" and leave it for three hours.

So off we go to another field. More miles distant. By the side of a dual carriageway. So I just thank him for his time and decline to waste any more time.

So if you are tempted there's my feedback on "Lee" of Warwickshire Pigeon. Cash only...no receipt. Not the way that I like to shoot on land I don't know who the owner is and have no piece of paper to confrim that I am shoting there with lawful permission.

You were lucky then, a friend of mine, as been done by this Fellow that you mentioned, took him to a field, after paying him £60, on his arrival....1 hour later and stinking of booze like a pub cellar, got dumped in a field. My friend setted up, to then be greeted by the estate game keeper, telling him, that the person, that sold the day to him, had no shooting rights, he didn't go down well, thankfully the gamekeeper, knows wells this fellow, that sold the day to my friend and understood the situation, didn't report my friend for arm trespass.

In both instances it is a good example to find a bit of ground to shoot pigeons on.

Tim.243

Back