Peli riflecase

Boarboy

I want to get a Peli case for a blaser r93. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Uk suppliers and even better which model for a R93. Thankyou.

Dan, If you want to borrow one for a trip or two, you are welcome to borrow mine already cut out for my R93.
I tend to use the original Blaser case with a canvas case around that now.
To buy one, expect to pay around the £200+

Bought a peli case, expensive but buy once and compared to rifle & scope a n brainer. I just measured the overall rifle dims and bought on line. Can't find the receipt but just google and find best deal. You then just lay the rifle on the foam, mark with chalk and cut out with elec kitchen knife. I did mine so I can use with each if my rifles plus cutouts for mod, mag etc.

I would take a look here: http://www.waterproof-cases.co.uk/contact-us/

These guys are friendly, know their product inside out and will help you select the right case. I went up there with my gun and they did the donkey work for me, but friends from further afield have phoned them and they selected the right cases from measurements given to them.

regards

Ian

Peli Storm IM3100 seems to be one of the best sizes for a break down rifle/s. Here's my first attempt, with a Browning Maral, & Chapuis double.

I later refitted it for a scope too.

Peli Storm IM3100 seems to be one of the best sizes for a break down rifle/s. Here's my first attempt, with a Browning Maral, & Chapuis double.

I later refitted it for a scope too.

Nice job! Did you cut the foam yourself? If so, what did you use?

Nice job! Did you cut the foam yourself? If so, what did you use?

These things always look better in the pictures, than they do in the flesh ! I tried finding someone to do it professionally, but gave up.

I made templates out of cardboard, keeping them a "little" on the tight side, and played around with the layout until I was happy, then transferred the pattern to the foam.

Making the Templates on the small side, allows for drawing around them, makes sure the parts are held snugly, but also makes you look better at doing this, than you really are.

Just don't let your mates see the case with the parts out ;)

I used a long thin carving knife for pretty much all of it. You need to commit, and try to do the cut in one long cut, rather than "sawing" at it, which leaves uneven jagged edges. I sharpened the blade after every few cuts, because the foam blunts it very quickly. It's nigh on impossible to "tidy" mistakes, the full depth of the foam, but I used a sharp pair of scissors to tidy around the top edges, which is all you see when the parts are fitted.

I used a little spray glue to hold the top, & bottom foam blocks in place, then modified the bits I cut out, to follow the shape of the parts, and support them, so they sat nice, and level.

Mark

Boarboy,

a Peli 1700 or Storm iM3100 are ideal for an R93 or R8. Will take stock, scope, bolt and two barrels if needed!

much more portable than the longer 1750

DT

Dan, If you want to borrow one for a trip or two, you are welcome to borrow mine already cut out for my R93.
I tend to use the original Blaser case with a canvas case around that now.
To buy one, expect to pay around the £200+

Thanks for the offer Eddy, but I think I'm going to buy the peli storm 3100, I think it'll give me some good use over time. Thanks for all your replies. Do they do ammo boxes too?

Peli make great cases and I use them a lot but...

They are not well suited to a lot of uses as they are heavy and add a lot of bulk to the item secured inside them. They also look expensive and attract attention from people who might be interested in what they contain, and what it might be worth.

For my R93 Peli doesn't come close to being a good solution to transporting it, in fact I'd go so far as to say that it is a bad solution for personal transport of an R93. Now I'm quite lucky in knowing a lot of people in this sort of business and so I had a flight case maker knock me up a case designed to a weight and actually slightly smaller than the Blaser case but very robust indeed, it also looks a little unimpressive and I tell anyone who asks that it is bagpipes in it. This provides a really good solution to the actual problem for similar money as a Peli would cost. With that in mind you'd be wise to talk to a local flight case maker and take a look at what they might be able to do for you. It will probably not cost any less than a Peli but it will provide an actual solution to your problem.

Back