Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 410 shot pistol

410 shot pistol

looking for a 410 shot pistol
    Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit.
    Elbert Hubbard

Took me nealry 2 years. Look a couple of times per week on Guntrader/Gunstar etc.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I have one - pm me

I wonder if you could get an old folding .410 with a pistol grip stock and have it 'chopped' by a gunsmith? They are very cheap and available. You could even choose your barrel length! Just a thought?
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I wonder if you could get an old folding .410 with a pistol grip stock and have it 'chopped' by a gunsmith? They are very cheap and available. You could even choose your barrel length! Just a thought?
    MS
    You could (I enquired) but there are issues with it being short barrelled and section 5. I specifically wanted 2 shots.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    You could (I enquired) but there are issues with it being short barrelled and section 5. I specifically wanted 2 shots.
    Yes, of course it would become a firearm but no different than any other .410 pistol? You could just as easily shorten a double barrelled one for two shots!
    MS

MS
    Yes, of course it would become a firearm but no different than any other .410 pistol? You could just as easily shorten a double barrelled one for two shots!
    MS
    Sorry MS, seems like a good idea but it would be illegal, even by a gunsmith.

It took me four years to find one

the man that found the one for me rang a couple of weeks ago to say he had another

I could ask if he still has it

pm me if interested and I will ask if he still has it.

Tony

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Norm View Post
    Sorry MS, seems like a good idea but it would be illegal, even by a gunsmith.
    Even if they were able to deal in Sec. 5 firearms? Seems our "unique" firearms laws put up more restrictions again.

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Even if they were able to deal in Sec. 5 firearms? Seems our "unique" firearms laws put up more restrictions again.
    Yes even if authorised by the Secretary of State. A shotgun may only be shortened to less than twenty four inches for one purpose and that purpose does not include remodelling it to a shot pistol.
    The legislation regarding the status of shot pistols appears simple but is in fact widely misunderstood.
    Like so much of the firearms legislation it is full of anomalies and not good Law.