Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schimbt And bender please help

Schimbt And bender please help

Hi all just got my .243 steyr and came fitted with a s&b 8x56 it says made in Hungaria where I thought it would have said made in Hungary. A little baffled

Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Dan View Post
    Hi all just got my .243 steyr and came fitted with a s&b 8x56 it says made in Hungaria where I thought it would have said made in Hungary. A little baffled

Thanks all
    i also have an 8x56 S&B that's Hungarian that has the same as yours on it,not sure why but I've been more than happy with it and have it on good authority that they are actually better than the German made ones,anyway enjoy it mate as its a cracking scope and that's coming from someone who is an avid Swarovski fan.

Thanks mate. Just a little confused as the ones I've seen in the past either say made in Hungary or Germany where mine says Hungaria lol. Absolutely love the scope though

Thanks mate. Just a little confused as the ones I've seen in the past either say made in Hungary or Germany where mine says Hungaria lol. Absolutely love the scope though
    Yes it's a cracker of a scope great for fox shooting at night.

Absolutely. I haven't yet shot a fox with it but went lamping last week and was amazed at its low light capabilities

Absolutely. I haven't yet shot a fox with it but went lamping last week and was amazed at its low light capabilities
    Yes it is without doubt a good low light gathering scope I'm sure you will be happy with it

Cheers mate. Just been scouring the net and it appears that the scopes that are stamped made in hungaria instead of Hungary are early models.

Cheers mate. Just been scouring the net and it appears that the scopes that are stamped made in hungaria instead of Hungary are early models.
    ah well at least that clears that one up,does it have high mounts or is it quite low to the barrel?

I have been in same boat - if you email S&B with the serial number they will email back (usually same day) and tell you when it was made. Mine says Hungaria and is 10 years old, my mate bought one last year and says made in Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by karlbird View Post
    I have been in same boat - if you email S&B with the serial number they will email back (usually same day) and tell you when it was made. Mine says Hungaria and is 10 years old, my mate bought one last year and says made in Hungary.
    great input there mate,have you had any problems at all with yours?