Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fjällräven Hunting Clothing

Fjällräven Hunting Clothing

Coming season's hunting clothing including some new items announced by Fjallraven: http://www.fjallraven.com/hunting/clothes

If sourced from Ebay Germany or one of the online retailers such as exxpozed.com the pricing is reasonable, and the quality very good.

Over the past couple of years I've bought jackets and trousers in various grades of their G-1000 material for myself and the family - Bjorn jacket for stalking and been living in their Reporter Lite jacket all summer - and found them to be superior to some of the other brands normally associated with stalking/fieldsports. IMO better value for money than the big H, and they have previously done their Forest Glove in XXXL for shovel handed people like me! (Available from Trekkinn.com http://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-moun...live/1255358/p)

My eye is currently on the new Lappland Hybrid jacket, but I'll wait until it gets into circulation and the price comes down a bit.

Attachment 60896

Last edited by Orion; 07-09-2015 at 08:25.

Fjällräven is also my brand of choice when it comes to outdoor/wilderness wear. And thats because durability and comfort are better than in any other brands I know of.

I currently own 3 pair of trousers (Vidda pro, Karl and Karl MT-ZipOff) and 6 shirts I guess. Still need to get a jacket by them though, because it feels like it all will last for years to come.

If i should use some of their gear for hunting, I wouldn't pick anything with Stretch fabrics though. I dont think it will last that long by going through bushes and trees and so on. Then I would rather pick a jacket with full g-1000 and no stretch.

Yes, it's underrated here and you don't find it available in many shooting shops compared to other manufacturer's products.

Quote Originally Posted by Renico View Post
    If i should use some of their gear for hunting, I wouldn't pick anything with Stretch fabrics though. I dont think it will last that long by going through bushes and trees and so on. Then I would rather pick a jacket with full g-1000 and no stretch.
    I've got the Bjorn jacket for that, and a Brenner Pro padded one for more static hunting or high seats in colder weather. I've also got places which are quite open and I'd normally wear a fleece type jacket if it wasn't raining. I think the Lappland Hybrid would be good for that plus general country pursuit type activities.

Ah okay then I think the lappland would be great for that kind of use. I know the jacket has stretch all over its back and a good amount on the front too, so thats why I wouldnt want to cross a tight forest wearing it. But their original g-1000 fabric wouldnt care about that at all.

Here in Denmark Fjällräven is quite popular with many shooting shops selling it. A lot of people use it in the streets but I think the fabric really belongs in the wilderness.

Orion,

Did you go for the Lappland Hybrid? I think I've narrowed my choice down to either that or the Harkila Mountain Trek Short. Unfortunately I don't have stockists of either near me to try so am trying to find what I can online.

Cheers.

Can anyone offer a view on these two?

Thanks.

No, but the is a shop called the http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...q4zHspT_K5BblA which is a couple miles from me who deal in a lot of this brand as you'll see. They also offer good deals so try your luck. I tend to get 15/20% off depending how much I spend

Quote Originally Posted by TASR12 View Post
    Orion,

Did you go for the Lappland Hybrid? I think I've narrowed my choice down to either that or the Harkila Mountain Trek Short. Unfortunately I don't have stockists of either near me to try so am trying to find what I can online.
    Hi, yes just taken delivery of the Lappland jacket after they became available from Exxpozed http://www.exxpozed.com/fjallraven-m...id-jacket.html

This is an unlined jacket that I'll be using for either more active type of hunting or outdoors pursuit with a thin polartech underneath or in spring/autumn/summer with a shirt .

It's a slim fit, so will be true to size rather than on the large size as other Fjallraven and Scandi manufacturer's hunting jackets tend to be. The stretch material across the lower back rear of the lower arms gives excellent movement in it.

Using an exxpozed voucher code it came in at 35% cheaper than the UK Fjallraven RRP.

I've no experience of the Harkila Mountain Trek jacket, but they appear to be very similar in design.

Orion,

Thanks for that, sounds like a very similar use as I'm intending. Equally with some decent baselayers and a micro fleece it should be useable most of the year. After 8yrs of stalking this will be the first jacket I've bought!

Now I need to decide on which one!
    Last edited by TASR12; 29-11-2015 at 21:20.

Fjällräven Clothing is as good as it gets. Don't bother with Harkila, I think a lot of the other makes rely on their name not quality to sell hunting clothing.

In October I went to Germany boar hunting, 50% of hunters/beaters are wearing Fjallraven clothing.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..