Thread: Highclere visit - Thanks Bobjs from The Stratts

Thumbs up Highclere visit - Thanks Bobjs from The Stratts

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Bobjs for the Highclere Castle visit that I won as we finally got around to visiting yesterday. It was a cracking day out and the castle itself is something else with an amazing array of rooms and the library is out of this world. There was a whole section of hunting, stalking and shooting books that must date back to the 19th century, and I could just see myself sat by the large fireplace in my onesie smoking a gert big cigar sipping on a glass of the finest brandy, while Mrs Stratts relaxed in the drawing room darning my socks!!

The goody bag crammed full of gifts left for us at the ticket office was a lovely surprise too and I especially like my 'His Lordship' mug and placemat!!

It was a pleasure to meet you Bob, thanks again and hopefully next time we will be able to get out for a pint or two (on me of course!!)

All the best,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Well done Bob top man ( again ) a true gent !
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Bobjs for the Highclere Castle visit that I won as we finally got around to visiting yesterday. It was a cracking day out and the castle itself is something else with an amazing array of rooms and the library is out of this world. There was a whole section of hunting, stalking and shooting books that must date back to the 19th century, and I could just see myself sat by the large fireplace in my onesie smoking a gert big cigar sipping on a glass of the finest brandy, while Mrs Stratts relaxed in the drawing room darning my socks!!

The goody bag crammed full of gifts left for us at the ticket office was a lovely surprise too and I especially like my 'His Lordship' mug and placemat!!

It was a pleasure to meet you Bob, thanks again and hopefully next time we will be able to get out for a pint or two (on me of course!!)

All the best,

Stratts
    Hi Stratts

well it was a pleasure to meet you and the family (the boys were on the ball by the way ) and the good lady was spot on.

it was nice to put a name to a member who I had not met but read and watched so much about, I am also very happy that the gifts I selected where of a good choice and I hope the lads where happy and of course Her Ladyship .

well what can I say, its a great place to work/play and as most people will say we have our good days and our bad, but Sunday was a cracker and so glad it was for you and the family. I have to say sorry for dashing off but those camera users and my oldest girls birthday party had to be sorted...so to speak, and it kept me in the good books with her in doors too. the books in the library Mark are stonking, and when you remove one Mark I have to book it out by name and number and then make sure its returned etc.........................so next time bring your cigar big man.

Finally I would like to say well done Mark (for winning) and to the family for coming down, not the easiest thing to do early on a Sunday with 2 young lads to look after hot weather and a long trip back home. I will try and sort this out for next year for another family of 4 to come down at my expense and have "I hope" another nice day at highclere castle,

kind regards and thank you Mark for your kind words.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

well done Bob and nice one Mark, having also met Bob and visited his place of work I can only but say this , you lucky bugger We shall return it was going to be few weeks ago when my lad was to be away but his trip did't go ahead its a place for looking and enjoying but a 13yr old lad in his mind its just old stuff ??? the little Heathen lol.
    atvb