Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Migrant/Immigrant policy from HMG.

Migrant/Immigrant policy from HMG.

Difficult question this. I tend to feel a hard -line is the only way when you look at the make-up of the Uk population after uncontrolled immigration.
    Yet those from Syria are seeking asylum and are not so-called economic migrants. On pure humanitarian grounds I would suggest we need to help the Syrians and to help them return once it is safe. I want no truck with economic migrants and would see our borders closed. Strangely I find the Hungarian attitude more honest than our own.
    Perhaps the replacement of Bashir Al Asad would help but it wont remove ISIL - more drones and more air -strikes ?
    It seems when Germany moves, then Europe can, this I find the most depressing of all.
    Interested to hear others views, if we can keep it PC'ish please !

There is a massive difference between economic migrants and asylum seakers such as these, they aren't doing it for the benefits or health care, they are doing to save their families lives from a war zone, and as such they have my complete support, and it was touching to hear that they were greeted by a crowd of cheering Germans at the train station when they arrived in Germany.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

That maybe true ds308 but the sad fact is that although yes there is much to flee their native country for and yes I do feel for them having to leave in one respect
    Why are they not staying and registering asylum in Hungary or Austria ? It has shown them blatantly on TV being taken to a place to be given asylum and some lining up while others sneaking off to try to get to another country of their preference ''for what ever reason'' as they know once given asylum in a country then they are safe and cannot claim it in a let's say more prosperous one
    Sweden I believe has stated that it will take as many as want to go !!! So why aren't they wanting to go there as it's beautiful and safe ??? I can maybe guess but only these migrants know for sure
    Regards
    Jimmy

Edit to say sort out the reason why they are leaving not the secondary issues
    Last edited by jimmy milnes; 07-09-2015 at 18:12.
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Why be PC when you can be right?

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    Why be PC when you can be right?
    He just means respectful and courteous, which is what PC is supposed to be for.
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    That maybe true ds308 but the sad fact is that although yes there is much to flee their native country for and yes I do feel for them having to leave in one respect
    Why are they not staying and registering asylum in Hungary or Austria ? It has shown them blatantly on TV being taken to a place to be given asylum and some lining up while others sneaking off to try to get to another country of their preference ''for what ever reason'' as they know once given asylum in a country then they are safe and cannot claim it in a let's say more prosperous one
    Sweden I believe has stated that it will take as many as want to go !!! So why aren't they wanting to go there as it's beautiful and safe ??? I can maybe guess but only these migrants know for sure
    Regards
    Jimmy

Edit to say sort out the reason why they are leaving not the secondary issues
    Becuase hungary alone cannot and shouldn't have to cope with all the asylum seekers...... We are all part of the EU, we have all signed up to a set of common values. and we all need to work as one to help, it's no good just saying leave it to Hungary. And yes I agree the problem needs sorting at source, but that won't happen any time soon, so something needs to happen in the short term or else a whole bunch of innocent people will die for no other reason than that other humans weren't prepared to help them when they needed it.... I don't want that on my conscience.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Id like to know why its a European "problem" surely the UN should be involved and it should be a global responsibility to take a %age?!?
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    He just means respectful and courteous, which is what PC is supposed to be for.
    No Pine Martin, what I mean is the truth hurts sometimes. You can be respectful and courteous and be right. PC to me is never saying anything that might hurt someones feelings or upset someone out there, even if it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy Out West View Post
    No Pine Martin, what I mean is the truth hurts sometimes. You can be respectful and courteous and be right. PC to me is never saying anything that might hurt someones feelings or upset someone out there, even if it's the truth.
    I meant be circumspect, courteous and respectful - otherwise its just a racist/isolationist rant, serves no purpose whatsoever.

We have enough seeking asylum already. When does it stop. We do not know how many are already here. We should stand up and say we have our quota.
    Why not seek asylum in a saudi or such places
    Last edited by howy308; 07-09-2015 at 19:17.