Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitch in season is doing my head in!

Bitch in season is doing my head in!

Poppy has been in season for what feels like forever. Not only can I not take her out for fear of becoming the pied piper of randy dogs, she's become a nightmare to live with. Every time I sit down she wants to hump me, every time I stand up she follows me around making a sad little whistling sound, at 3am today she woke me up by raiding the kitchen bin for my kebab remains, and she keeps bugging Trig (my castrated Teckel) until he loses his rag and snaps at her.
    I hope she settles down soon, this is worse than the bloody wife!
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Did none tell you bitches come into season.
    Try moving the bin, you can walk her she wont take any harm
    Good luck are you putting this is your "my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog"
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    Did none tell you bitches come into season.
    Try moving the bin, you can walk her she wont take any harm
    Good luck are you putting this is your "my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog"
    No, somebody once said something about birds and bees but nothing about dogs...
    I've already moved the bin, she's never shown any interest in it before.
    Yes I could walk her, but given that I live in a village where probably 50% of the population have at least one dog, in don't really feel like having would-be studs "dogging" (see what I did there??) my footsteps.
    As for the blog, I hadn't planned on it, but if you feel like you need another platform from which to make scathing remarks maybe I'll do it just for you.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    Blog

Behaviour issues I cannot advise, it appears to affect different animals differently…like all females.

For interaction with other dogs...You can get a can of Johnsons "Bitch Spray" from a pet shop. There was a nuisance male on one of the shoots that would not leave my (non-in season) bitch alone until I used that.

I always use it on the little dogs when they are likely to meet other dogs out and about when they are in season, or when they have just come out of season.

Alan

Thanks Alan, something to bear in mind for next time.

To be fair her behaviour has only been like this for the last few days which from my observations of how she's progressed would be her most fertile/receptive time. She must be craving a certain type of attention!
    Blog

This is what you should have taken into account when you decided on a bitch! You had no scathing remarks from TH he told you how it is. There are plenty of places to walk dogs away from others sometimes you just have to put yourself out. The dog needs exercise even though she is in season.

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    .......You can get a can of Johnsons "Bitch Spray" from a pet shop. .....

Alan

does it calm women down too?
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    does it calm women down too?
    Effective on anyone who makes smart alec comments irrespective of gender!

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    Effective on anyone who makes smart alec comments irrespective of gender!

Alan

I might order some
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

I bet the poor thing just wants to go for a walk! Nine wouldn't last a day without a walk!