Thread: Cartridge beltů

Cartridge beltů

Hi Folks..

I'm on the the look out for one of them cartridge belts with the plastic clips.

You know the type, leather belt with the loose plastic clips that the 12g cartridge fit into.

I've tried the other type with the loops, wasn't keen and they took too long to load up.

Does anyone know where I'll get one? I've seen them somewhere but they were expensive, ú100 plus.. I think it was William Powell catalog or similar.

Thats out of my league, for a belt anyhoo..

So, anyone got one they don't get on with and want to move on or, know where I can get one at a decent price?

Regards

cjs

Just the ticket! Cheers. cjs

A fellow syndicate member uses one of these belts and swears by it. However, he does leave a trail of unfired cartridges behind him; seems the clips do wear or weaken with use eventually.

I had one. Used it once and sent it back! I lost several cartridges just walking around (between pegs, not even a walked up day) - it was utterly useless and unfit for purpose!

I have since spoken to many others who have had the same problem.

Very rapid loading from them, but as others say it is easy to loose unfired rounds from them. Having said that used mine for years including loading for double guns. Unfortunately mine is a simple canvas belt with velcro fastening and appears to have shrunk as it no longer meets around my waist as it did some years ago.

Blackpowder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder View Post
    Very rapid loading from them, but as others say it is easy to loose unfired rounds from them. Having said that used mine for years including loading for double guns. Unfortunately mine is a simple canvas belt with velcro fastening and appears to have shrunk as it no longer meets around my waist as it did some years ago.

Blackpowder
    I know the feeling!!

cjs

I have one of the older ones with metal clips works great ,got it of --ay under vintage cartridge belt