Thread: Sako 85 QD mounts

Sako 85 QD mounts

Hi Folks,

I currently use a 7mm08 Sako 85 with standard Sako 30mm optilocks for deer in UK and boar in Europe. I was thinking of going to QD mounts to save having re zero ever time I swap the scopes. I will be using 3 scopes on my rifle so ideally want one base and 3 sets of QD rings. Type of scopes are 3-12x56 for UK and 1.1 - 4 x 20 for boar both 30mm tubes and possibly might add a Aimpoint micro H2.

I do like the Blaser mounting system and wondered if anyone can recommend a similar system for my rifle. I did thing about buying a Blaser but decided to stick to my Sako.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

DS

There is a one-piece Picatinny rail in matte black or stainless steel for the Sako 75 and 85, flat and with 20 MOA elevation.
    Sako makes a QR base for there Optilock rings.
    The normal Optilock rings pretty much go back to zero if you set the pin in tight.

There is a one-piece, Blaser-type base:
    MAKuick One-piece Mount, Sako 85 S, Picatinny rail - Optics-trade

Alan Rhone I believe does a recknagel one piece mount , certainly for a sako short action, then choose some nice weaver/piccatinny mounts
    Rgds
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    There is a one-piece Picatinny rail in matte black or stainless steel for the Sako 75 and 85, flat and with 20 MOA elevation.
    Sako makes a QR base for there Optilock rings.
    The normal Optilock rings pretty much go back to zero if you set the pin in tight.

There is a one-piece, Blaser-type base:
    MAKuick One-piece Mount, Sako 85 S, Picatinny rail - Optics-trade
    i took my Zeiss off my Sako 75 in order to bed the rifle, I just loosened the base screws and slid it back, did the work and slid it back and tightened the screws. First shot was bang, I bet if you got a torque screwdriver to set the screws at the same torque every time then it'd be just as close as using QD rings and bases, probably cheaper too even with the cost of a torque screw driver.