Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halal Venison?

Halal Venison?

Just seen this on the BBC news site, what a scumbag.

Facebook-boast Croydon deer-killer sentenced - BBC News
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Just read this on the BBC. Does anyone know what deer he killed, I'm guessing it was a Red Stag as the article implied.

I don't think it was, that's just the BBC getting it wrong again (probably deliberately). How on earth would he subdue it and transport it back to his place before cutting it's throat? More likely to be a Muntie.

Be that as it may, what a damn cruel thing to do.
    Historic Guns & Militaria - based in South Bedfordshire - Historic Guns Militaria

Not likely to be a muntjac in that area...it's not like Bedford! Roe I would say, almost certainly. But how on earth do you take a deer live without darting??

Seven Months Suspended for 2 years and people wonder whats happening with the Law, sometimes i think these judges don't know there erse from their elbow. Disgusted yet again, Now if that had been anybody poaching or whatever else they would have at least got a sentence inside as this is the only way that people are going to take heed of the laws that are already there.......well supposed to be.....disgusting......

He shot it with an air rifle took it home and slit it's throat to kill it. Doesn't say anything at all about this being for Halal meat.

Is the OP trying to stir something up by titling this thread as he did or is he privy to additional information??

Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    It was a roe, this is the idiot...

If that had been any of us FAC holders they would have thrown the book at us, immediately revoked our certificates, confliscated our firearms and no doubt sent us down for quite a while - So why whas he given just a 7 months suspended sentence?
    I suspect that his nationality/religeon (Judging by his name on the facebook page) had something to do with it!
    Whoever gave that sentence out had to be taking the ****!
    Having said that I take my hat off to the guys from the FB page for reporting him to the police!

To be fair I'm stunned he even got charged at all as the law is usually terrified to charge a Muslim for fear of being called racist
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    To be fair I'm stunned he even got charged at all as the law is usually terrified to charge a Muslim for fear of being called racist
    +1 on that!
    I was thinking that straight away but didn't want to say it for fear of being classed as "Racist" or "Anti Mislim" but you are bang on Jimbo!