Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mopeds and Motorbikes

Mopeds and Motorbikes

Team, can I legally take a cased rifle on my moped in England? All help appreciated. I know it is embarrassing, but is it legal? L

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Ahern View Post
    Team, can I legally take a cased rifle on my moped in England? All help appreciated. I know it is embarrassing, but is it legal? L
    of course it is, as long as the item you are carrying does not contravene the law in terms of safety - that is not the contents per se, but the size and shape and whether it's unsafe to transport the object...now what the rules are around maximum dimensions of packages you can bring on a moped, god knows!
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

That is very helpful, thanks. I went out yesterday, wife needing car for our son's football practice run. Would have been interesting on the return journey if I hadn't (clean) missed that cracking roe buck with buck fever at 100 yards!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Ahern View Post
    And just how will you transport a Roe Buck if you roll one over on

This....

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

I was astonished when the FEO who visited me for my certificate grant spotted my bike on the drive and said it would be no problem to carry a rifle with me on the bike if I wished. It had simply never occurred to me, although it makes perfect sense when you think about it. Why should I not be allowed?
    In practical terms I found I could never really find a way of doing it that would be practical and comfortable, but I did bring a shotgun back from Northampton, broken down in a rucksack with the barrels sticking out of the top.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

back in the day when my father was young, he would bike all over the county with his shotgun on his back to get to where he was shooting, or more often than not, to the waterways by the coast for wildfowling..back then when young people did not see it as their god given right to have a license and a new car by the age of 17, this was quite the norm, and no one would ever raise an eyebrow to a young lad heading off with a shotgun on their back or returning with it and some ducks on the back of the bike.

how times have changed for the worse I must say.
    “One does not hunt in order to kill; one kills in order to have hunted.” - Jose Ortega y Gasset

Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    And just how will you transport a Roe Buck if you roll one over on

This....

Tim.243
    Not sure but the antlers would look sweet mounted to the handlebars - much better than 500 mirrors rude boy.........
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Rifle in a scabbard and the deer rides pillion! Better check if it needs a crash helmet to be legal!

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?