Riverside thistle control

Akeld

Anyone have a labour saving method? Can't spray obviously, tractor will cause too much damage and access is poor for it anyway, few miles so would prefer not to strim, I'm thinking off a log wrapped in chain dragged behind the quad

Try Roundup pro bio and a weed wiper stick.Try Agrigem on 0800 1337849,always give great advice.

+1 for weedwiper behind quad.
Too late for this year though.
There's a company called "Quad bikes Wales" which does it's own version of the weedwiper, called the Oblitorator, (their spelling mistake, not mine!) which is extremely well made, and considerably cheaper than the popular Logic version, and delivery cost is reasonable too. I just bought one.

Thanks guys, I'd discounted the weedwiper we have as its too big, perhaps time to look at the modern offerings

If the width of a trailed weedwiper is too much, there's another gadget you could use instead. It attaches to the front rack of the quad and sticks out the front, low down, like the "bull-bars" you sometimes see on pickup trucks. It uses a wick to apply herbicide to the weeds in front of the quad as you drive over them.

However, one advantage of the trailed weedwiper is that you can offset it to left or right, which might be safer for working on a river bank.

How does this work with the tyres picking up weed killer of the the treated greenery
If the width of a trailed weedwiper is too much, there's another gadget you could use instead. It attaches to the front rack of the quad and sticks out the front, low down, like the "bull-bars" you sometimes see on pickup trucks. It uses a wick to apply herbicide to the weeds in front of the quad as you drive over them.

However, one advantage of the trailed weedwiper is that you can offset it to left or right, which might be safer for working on a river bank.

Back