Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheshire flo

Cheshire flo

Well the gods of the fiefdom of Cheshire seem to have smiled upon me for a change, I have been graciously granted the permission to aquire a "second " .223 rifle, & also a 45 / 70
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Blimey, are all the planets in alignment or summat??

Sounds like a result.....get 'em bought sharpish before they realise they've made a mistake!!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

hate to sound dim, but what on earth do you want a 45/70 for? ratting? close range rabbit action? or do you have some strange quarry species which we dont get up here? elephant? kudu? wapiti? buffalo?

im glad someone has something good to say about thier FLO for a change, it was getting quite misserable reading this legal section.

Skipp.

After being regaled about the German strain of Wild boar, & how they were told about Zimmeritt at a social gathering at Karinhall, I thought that maybe a 45/70 would defeat said armour!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

How long did you have to hold him by the neck before he gave in.
    Keith
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

45/70 - aahhh for ze Germans of course..

Skipp.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    After being regaled about the German strain of Wild boar, & how they were told about Zimmeritt at a social gathering at Karinhall, I thought that maybe a 45/70 would defeat said armour!
    Methinks not mein freund! It wouldn't matter if you were using the 45/70 or any other round - the only thing the Zimmeritt coating would do would be to prevent you sticking a magnetic mine on them.

Interesting but useless fact no. 2. Although the Germans developed zimmeritt to combat the allies attaching said mines to their AFVs, the jerries were the only one's to actually employ then in any numbers - maybe they were worried about some of their own troops being a bit shortsighted and scoring an own goal?

And yet they would give me a .243n for foxing... unless its windy!

Have fun

Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

I thought this was going to be about a girl. Maybe a limerick.... There was a girl I used to know, went by the name of Cheshire Flo....(Add your own second line here)...

.. she was fairly slow and her cheeks would glow, but she liked to have a fumble...... (next)