Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect wording on FAC

Incorrect wording on FAC

Well at long last my FAC has been renewed so can get my .204 tomorrow.

Quick read of the conditons shows AOLQ added great and it appears I can now use my .204 for deer but not my .223!!!

Looks like its going to be returned for ammending.

D

Deer would not be Other Legal Quarry because min calibre for small deer is .22. Ask for AOLQ on the 223, but get the 204 and plenty ammunition first.

do you have AOLQ on the .223" ??

Cyres I take it that you come under Avon & Somerset then although you indicate your location as south Gloucestershire?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Cyres I take it that you come under Avon & Somerset then although you indicate your location as south Gloucestershire?
    That's the 'Avon' part of policing area. Avon has gone apart from police, fire brigade and most websites when ordering/posting

Cert in post back to A@S for ammendment. I now have .204 and moddy so hopefully they will put it all on and get it correct this time.

D

I thought this was going to be another comedy one like the guy who had 'human dispatch'!

Here's another form of condition that I've just got back. "The certificate holder, may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, for the calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in connection with:
    The lawful shooting of deer;
    The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife."

No mention of conditions attached to individual weapons.
    Seems to cover AOLQ.
    It's taken 7 months, but worth the waiting.
    Last edited by JTO; 17-09-2015 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Here's another form of condition that I've just got back. "The certificate holder, may possess, purchase or acquire expanding ammunition, or the missiles of such ammunition, for the calibres authorised by this certificate and use only in connection with:
    The lawful shooting of deer;
    The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife."

No mention of conditions attached to individual weapons.
    Seems to cover AOLQ.
    It's taken 7 months, but worth the waiting.
    that particular condition (which appears to be a *******ised version of standard condition 8) seems to relate to the ammo, is there a separate condition to cover usage of the rifle(s)?
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 17-09-2015 at 15:12.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    that particular condition (which appears to be a *******ised version of standard condition 8) seems to relate to the ammo, is there a separate condition to cover usage of the rifle(s)?

It does look like it doesn't it.

As such you wouldn't expect it to have any mention of the firearms on the certificate, and JTO, it doesn't cover the actual shooting of quarry under AOLQ - be guided by the condition(s) attached to your rifles for that. BTW what do those conditions state?