Thread: Stalking mentor Cambridgeshire

Stalking mentor Cambridgeshire

Hi all

Im looking for a mentor in or near Cambridgeshire to learn from. I have my own .243 and am willing to put the time in. I have my DSC1 and am registered for DSC2. Shooting is not new to me, what I need is more on the deer practical side.
    please PM me if you can or would like to help

thanks

phil

Based where you are your best bet is probably going to be to contact Jim on here as Jim@DGVM he's based in Chippenham, and offers accompanied stalking. You will probably struggle find people to just take you under their wing for guidance, people are very wary of loosing their permissions this way....

good luck
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Based where you are your best bet is probably going to be to contact Jim on here as Jim@DGVM he's based in Chippenham, and offers accompanied stalking.
    Good bloke - showed me round his larder (v good facility) and chatted at length when I was on a pigeon day. Subsequently went out on a morning with a mate of mine who is also an AW and he comes highly recommended if youre in that part of the world. Id say very reasonable rates.

Another thumbs up for Jim from me, only problem is getting hold of him sometimes.

Thumbs up for Jim, Been on a few stalks with him and his guys. They are great to deal with and to shoot with.

I was looking for someone to show me the ropes too, I have had a kind offer to shadow a stalker and I will be following up on that. But in terms of shooting and being shown how to gralloch Jim is great

Phil

Another thumbs up for Jim over at Chippenham. I've just finished my Level 2 with him (had the phone call, waiting for the certificate...) - good land, good facilities, good team.

Andrew

Thanks every one, I have had contact with Jim and have sent him an email.

thanks guys