Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doube high Seat

Doube high Seat

Just a follow up post from this one...
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...uble-High-Seat

As a free standing seat it worked well, however I had added the option to strap it to a tree!!

This part was untested but with 4 other singe seats I have made then it should work....

A fox has been nabbing some poults so I set up a trail cam and went back this afternoon to field test setting the seat up.

Found a few Fallow track so may be bonus shot in the offing...

A bit of trimming with my brushing hook made a better chance of a close shot to my right.

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 11-09-2015 at 18:46. Reason: key board went hay wire!
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Very nice and yet another good wide tree stand, i like the wide footing most are skinny and feel as if a good wind and your be on the way down the rails look to be at a better width so less foot waving on the way down trying to find the next step ! this looks to be to the same standard as your last one the free standing job still no cup holder or ipod clamps but plenty of room for two looks to be in a good place as well
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Very nice and yet another good wide tree stand, i like the wide footing most are skinny and feel as if a good wind and your be on the way down the rails look to be at a better width so less foot waving on the way down trying to find the next step ! this looks to be to the same standard as your last one the free standing job still no cup holder or ipod clamps but plenty of room for two looks to be in a good place as well
    Paul
    Ta very much Paul, the elbow rest is tucked up near by so I don't leave it at home lol....

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by A1Decoy.co.uk View Post
    Looking good Tim!

Oscar
    Thank you, lamping bag turned up very quick.
    How is your cold?

Tim.243

Hi Tim,
    The seat looks very good. I notice that the seat is not braced to the ladder, do you find it stable enough without the braces, i like the way the ladder tapers towards the top, very professional, Cheers Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by KSDC View Post
    Hi Tim,
    The seat looks very good. I notice that the seat is not braced to the ladder, do you find it stable enough without the braces, i like the way the ladder tapers towards the top, very professional, Cheers Geoff
    Thank you Geoff, the reason I don't use a brace is quite simple.
    The chance of finding an up right tree is very very slim, the chance of finding an up right tree in the right place is even slimmer.
    Unless a brace has an adjustment then what happens is the brace dictates the angle of the ladder which intern is affected by the way the tree is leaning.

I got over that by having the ladder pivot so if the tree is a bit wonky the ladder will find a natural angle then you are not fighting a fixed angle which will stress joints.
    I find a good fit then stamp the ladder in the ground and do up the straps...

Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 19-09-2015 at 05:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones57 View Post
    Looks nice and stable
    Thank you, It is! Sat up there with a mate a couple of times and it is steady as a rock. First time on last light movement!! Fallow Doe and Follower!! bo-locks
    I did spot a single set of large slots the other night but until it is in view I can only guess...

Tim.243

Nice high seat...but:

Unless a brace has an adjustment then what happens is the brace dictates the angle of the ladder which intern is affected by the way the tree is leaning.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay