Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS Tracking

GPS Tracking

Which is considered the best tracking system for use in the UK. I have looked at Garmin but from what I understand they don't do a UK legal unit? any advise experiences welcome?

Steve

Try peter cheeseman think he sells the UK legal sport dog gps,you will be able to contact him through the Bavarian mountain hound society of GB ,or maybe book a days training/ tracking with them and try their club gps for the day
    simon

Quote Originally Posted by simon wardle View Post
    Try peter cheeseman think he sells the UK legal sport dog gps,you will be able to contact him through the Bavarian mountain hound society of GB ,or maybe book a days training/ tracking with them and try their club gps for the day
    simon
    Excellent, thanks will do.
    Steve

The tracker.fi is the best system for all over Europe, goes with Android phones and a multi-sim card...
    Contact and signal everywhere, even on military grounds, easy to prepare, great maps, and if you like and allow so, other hunters can locate your dog too, to help you out...
    It safed two of our dogs two years ago and is a daily used tool for me now!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7046 View Post
    Which is considered the best tracking system for use in the UK. I have looked at Garmin but from what I understand they don't do a UK legal unit? any advise experiences welcome?

Steve
    I personally use the Garmin and i know of several other guys who use Garmins here in the UK and in Europe.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    The tracker.fi is the best system for all over Europe, goes with Android phones and a multi-sim card...
    Contact and signal everywhere, even on military grounds, easy to prepare, great maps, and if you like and allow so, other hunters can locate your dog too, to help you out...
    It safed two of our dogs two years ago and is a daily used tool for me now!
    Thanks I will look into this as well as the standard GPS route

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    I personally use the Garmin and i know of several other guys who use Garmins here in the UK and in Europe.
    I was of the understanding the Garmin did not work in the UK, can you point me in the direction where I can get a UK version, can't find it on uk website

We use the harm in Astro 320 on our hounds the new handsets won't work in the uk but the old ones will if you buy from the states and ask they will make sure that the handset will work in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    We use the harm in Astro 320 on our hounds the new handsets won't work in the uk but the old ones will if you buy from the states and ask they will make sure that the handset will work in the uk
    I have a new Astro 320 and a new European alpha 100 that both work in the UK

UKDTR. Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7046 View Post
    I was of the understanding the Garmin did not work in the UK, can you point me in the direction where I can get a UK version, can't find it on uk website
    there is not a UK version
    just set ups on either an American frequency or European frequency
    the American frequency is better than the European frequency
    it is updating them that causes the issues
    as they are not licenced in the UK

UKDTR. Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service