Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zeiss v8 on sako 75

zeiss v8 on sako 75

Hi guys just purchased a zeiss V8 2.8-20x56 asv rifle scope of which ive put on my sako 75 .243 , I am very pleased with the scope but I am having trouble bore sighting it I have maxed out on windage and a trip to to the farm confirmed it.I am using Tier rings which I must say look very well made indeed and a 1 piece picatinny rail made by Contessa could it be the dove tails on the gun itself not aligning with the barrel any advice, solutions or similar experiences would be greatley appreciated....in 25years I have never had this problem before

I had this issue when I tried to mount a scope on a new rifle. Hadn't used the scope for a while. Tried changing the mounts then just tried another scope and all was fine. Suggest you try borrowing/trying another scope before you do anything else.
    Andy

I had the same problem with my Tikka 595,at 30 yards I had maxed out on windage several inches to the right of the bull. Tried various combinations of scope and mounts but no difference. I didn't like the look of the windage adjustable mounts,so resorted to lapping the Optilock inserts with a 30mm bar and Emery paper. It worked and it always grouped very well(except when I shot a rapid string of a dozen or so,resulting in a sudden and extreme shift of POI,has anyone else had this?) In the end the niggle drove me mad and the gunshop refunded me. It's apparently still at the gunsmith to ascertain the problem,whether dovetail,barrel or barrel thread to receiver is the culprit. I'm waiting to hear out of interest and will let you know when I do,although I read a thread somewhere that among Tikka/Sako,this is not as rare as you may think.
    Have you shot this rifle previously with another scope? Good luck with this and if there is a possibility of returning the rifle,you should maybe consider this sooner rather than later. Cheers
    paul

Hi guys thanks for the quick response ....its a rifle I have had for a few years I took the original zeiss 8x56 scope off it to be replaced with the V8, I think the mounts I took off it were a set of hilver mounts with a manual windage adjustment . I have ordered another set of mounts 2 piece this time off Tier and will try these fingers crossed!!! Paul please let me know how you go on very interested as I have heard similar ... cheers Neil

Hi done the same but gone for the rail and fitting kit from Alan Rhone so I could use the sako basesAttachment 61080

With the sakos you have to move where the rings are on the rails. I forget which one or how but read thenoptilock manual and it explains it. Where the rings are on the railnadjusts the windage.

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post
    With the sakos you have to move where the rings are on the rails. I forget which one or how but read thenoptilock manual and it explains it. Where the rings are on the railnadjusts the windage.

Correct

Rear mount is fixed front mount will slide back and forth which will change windage left and right

Just to add I have got the full Alan Rhone rail so to give you lots of eye ball adjustment 76:00? I think BUT as you may know the sako 75 front mount dovetail is higher than the rear so will need some adjustment and an easy job

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    Correct

Rear mount is fixed front mount will slide back and forth which will change windage left and right
    Correct, I think the issue is the actions aren't entirely square - I'm not hating, I've got 4 Sako's.
    Have this issue on my 75 short action in .223 real PITA.

Hi Miligan what did you do to solve the problem I think I'm a little restricted due to ring size things are a little limited in this size , got another set of mounts arriving 2 piece this time but if this doesn't work will probably have to be gunsmith definite PITA