Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra sonic cleaner

Ultra sonic cleaner

Just a question, the media in my tumbler is getting to a point it needs changing and to be quite frank I get bored of cleaning out primer flash holes after each cleaning session before annealing and sizing then again to clean any lube off. So will a ultra sonic cleaner allow me to do away with the tumbling process altogether?

Not if you want that as new Brasso shiny look.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Not if you want that as new Brasso shiny look.

K

+1 K. the only thing that will do that... inside and out and clean your primer pockets at the same time is wet stainless tumbling.. wouldn't use anything else now!!!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Sadly a lot of people think stainless media is the bees knees,

Well,I like my 3 litre ultrasonic cleaner it takes 2 x 30 min cycles with 100 brass in it and it comes out very very clean, I admit it does not have that all fresh level finish that brass does after being polished by hundreds of tiny media bits,

But the brass is clean,serviceable and as good as you need it to be to function correctly in any shooting disapline, it would not pass a anal brass inspectors inspection but who cares, it works and works well enough for me to have ditched the tumbler years ago.

The above statement is mine and mine alone, if you want to blow your own trumpet about your own findings,

CRACK ON,

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 14-09-2015 at 18:30.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Polished cases do nothing for performance. US cleaning does as bobjs states: Makes it clean as a whistle but not polished. It especially cleans primer pockets: the most hated job in reloading!

US all the time.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    +1 K. the only thing that will do that... inside and out and clean your primer pockets at the same time is wet stainless tumbling.. wouldn't use anything else now!!!

i did have one
    it did make them shiney but it was a pain in the preverbial to sift all the media out and then I had a couple of scenarios where two pieces combined were the same diameter as either a neck or a primer pocket
    also had media stuck inside .222 cases

switched back to US now

Who sells the stainless steel tumblers? And cost?

Speak to mark, 1967spud on here.. The rebel 17 is the better by far of the 2 commonly available.. 200-250 ish