Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .222 bullet puller

.222 bullet puller

As above, has any body got a bullet puller for a .222, I have a kinetic one but it just ain't gettin the bullets out.

Cheers Matt

really?

I use a kinetic over everything else
    the collet puller didn't shift the factory crimped stuff but I pull all my bullets from .222 to .300wm

what are you hitting it on?
    I use a 14lb sledge hammer head at the anvil, need to be very dense IMO

been whacking it on abit of old sleeper aa hard as I can and can't budge them.

If its factory ammo, try seating them a touch deeper first.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

try a large stone/paving slap/step etc or large chunk of metal like a a sledge hammer head or anvil (if you happen to have one lying around....)

the issue is the bullets are light and there fore the momentum they carry is less and it does make them hard to pull
    have managed to pull some 35gr hornet ones but it is tricky!

the collet chewed up a lot of the really deep seated ones too

Worried that I would shatter the plastic kinetic hammer, it's what I loaded, but got pressure signs only half way through my testing so need to pull the rest of the bullets

nah, I bent the handle on mine I was whacking it so hard
    just make sure the top is screwed tight as the tops do shatter when loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach2986 View Post
    Worried that I would shatter the plastic kinetic hammer, it's what I loaded, but got pressure signs only half way through my testing so need to pull the rest of the bullets
    this is exactly what i did with my RCBS, had crimped some .308 and after pulling about 40 the screw on end cap just shattered!

The other thing I find is with lighter calibres it takes a lot of hits to move the heads due to the lower weight and reduced inertia I guess, as Bewsher says 35 gr vmax are great fun! I've just picked up a SH collet puller so going to try that but I don'tthink that will work for the hornet as they are generally seated to the start of the ogive so that they fit the mag so the collet won't grip.
    Last edited by Boydy47; 16-09-2015 at 13:16.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    nah, I bent the handle on mine I was whacking it so hard
    just make sure the top is screwed tight as the tops do shatter when loose.
    Good advice - I have broken two now - looking for a replacement if anybody has a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by Edchef View Post
    Good advice - I have broken two now - looking for a replacement if anybody has a spare?
    If it's an RCBS one, get hold of them via email, they sent me a whole new hammer FOC when I broke mine.
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK