Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Blaser UK Agents

New Blaser UK Agents

Has anyone had any dealings with Open Season since they took over the UK Blaser dealership?

I am having serious problems with them getting a barrel which was ordered months ago and was alleged to be in stock when I ordered it.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

They are and always have been a pain IMO. Dad bought some Kahles binoculars that took 6 months to arrive, they then wouldnt post to us! We had to go and pick them up - he ended up with Ziess from uttings!

I cant comment on owt else as that is the only dealing we have had with them

Good luck
    Sam
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

what calibre you after?

You could try contacting Mulliner Guns as he does a lot with Blasers and see what he says about getting you a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    what calibre you after?
    22/250.

The barrel arrived yesterday with the correct serial number, unfortunately, it was a 243 rather than 22/250. I have no ticket for a 243, and don't particularly want one. To say I am pissed off does not cover it.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Sorry to hear that it isn't going so well Brian, I don't have much to suggest as I've never had dealings with the new Blaser people but might it be worthwhile mailing or even calling Germany and trying to get the head man on the phone? I think that is what I'd try under the circumstances. Having a Blaser myself I have some concerns about this new outfit that have taken over and I am concerned that Blaser may not be doing themselves any favours.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    22/250.

The barrel arrived yesterday with the correct serial number, unfortunately, it was a 243 rather than 22/250. I have no ticket for a 243, and don't particularly want one. To say I am pissed off does not cover it.
    Have Open Season offered any sollution to this? Assuming it's their, or the supplier's fault.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

They ordered a 22-250 and delivered a 243.....

Pretty certain it is not Blaser's fault.

I ordered a replacement barrel and bolt body for my Tac 2 a few months ago, it arrived no problem and on time as anticipated.

But I used Alan Rhone.

Connor at Mcleods has some R93 barrels in stock,

I am glad I ordered the new barrel when I did before the change in importer....

Blaser themselves are under some stick at the moment, im sure this is old hat to some-if not most of you, but they have given up their factory. everything is made on contract now buy other manufactures in differnt locations Then Blaser just put them all together in a big shed. I know Sauer make the barrels now-but not sure who makes what else. To me thats a recipe for disaster!

A gunsmith friend of mine has a few with mag problems in within the last twelve months!

Sam
    Last edited by Sam; 27-04-2010 at 16:12. Reason: Sickness of the memory
    "Even at the very bottom of the river, I didn't think to myself, Is this a hearty joke or the merest accident? I just thought, it's wet." - Eeyore

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Blaser themselves are under some stick at the moment, im sure this is old hat to some-if not most of you, but they have given up their factory. everything is made on contract now buy other manufactures in differnt locations Then Blaser just put them all together in a big shed. I know Sauer make the barrels now-but not sure who makes what else. To me thats a recipe for disaster!

A gunsmith friend of mine has a few with mag problems in within the last twelve months!

Sam
    Where did you hear this Sam?