Thread: Which lubricant to use on Wildcat Evolution moderator

Which lubricant to use on Wildcat Evolution moderator

Last week I bit the bullet so to speak and traded in my old Wildcat Predator 8 for the new Evolution.

So now with a separated muzzle thread section it will fit both my .204 and .243. ( one is 1/2" other 5/8")

Mine at present has a .243 baffle section but I have a .22 one on order. Thus instead of having 3 modies I can just use one.

Obviously they will be regularly swopped about and as it didnt come with any instructions/box I am wondering what lubricant I should use on the threads and o rings.

I must say I am very impressed with it, slim and 40% reduction in weight cf the 8.

It barely altered the zero on the .243 needed 2 clicks R and 2 down so fine and seemed very effective on the .204 despite the oversized bafflle bore.

So after a very short test I am very pleased with it and at 200 its not going to break the bank.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Last week I bit the bullet so to speak and traded in my old Wildcat Predator 8 for the new Evolution.

So now with a separated muzzle thread section it will fit both my .204 and .243. ( one is 1/2" other 5/8")

Mine at present has a .243 baffle section but I have a .22 one on order. Thus instead of having 3 modies I can just use one.

Obviously they will be regularly swopped about and as it didnt come with any instructions/box I am wondering what lubricant I should use on the threads and o rings.

I must say I am very impressed with it, slim and 40% reduction in weight cf the 8.

It barely altered the zero on the .243 needed 2 clicks R and 2 down so fine and seemed very effective on the .204 despite the oversized bafflle bore.

So after a very short test I am very pleased with it and at 200 its not going to break the bank.

D
    The only grease you should use on O rings is silicon grease. Vaseline, like any other petroleum based grease may rot them.

Have you checked the manufacturer web site for instructions, FAQ, etc.?

Alan

On threads I use a small amount of copper slip
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post

Mine at present has a .243 baffle section but I have a .22 one on order. Thus instead of having 3 modies I can just use one....
    Is that wise given your recent scope experiences?

Regards JCS