Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Sako S491 .17 rem

  1. #1

    Sako S491 .17 rem

    Sako S491 action with stainless steel shillen .17 barrel

    This includes Night force 8x40x56 illuminated NP-2DD reticle scope. Does have a few marks and bruises, works perfectly though.

    Also this will include DM 80 calibre specific .17 mod and harris bipod and a small amount of factory ammunition 1000. Can send to your R.F.D at your cost.
    Last edited by penta; 15-09-2015 at 17:18.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by penta View Post
    Sako S491 action with stainless steel shillen .17 barrel

    This includes Night force 8x40x56 illuminated NP-2DD reticle scope. Does have a few marks and bruises, works perfectly though.

    Also this will include DM 80 calibre specific .17 mod and harris bipod and a small amount of factory ammunition 1000. Can send to your R.F.D at your cost.

    Hi Penta.

    Interested - can you send me some pictures.

    Also what is the round count - who fitted barrel - and what twist is it.

    ATB
    Alan

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    Hi Penta.

    Interested - can you send me some pictures.

    Also what is the round count - who fitted barrel - and what twist is it.

    ATB
    Alan
    Round count was told from previous owner was around 2-3 hundred twist was 1 in 8. I will phone the last owner to confirm who done the work

  4. #4
    Photographs added "Not great I know".

  5. #5
    Whats the barrel length?

  6. #6
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,828
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Best sako short action ever,

    I have the same in 20 tac.....awesome

    GLWTS

    bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by the prowler View Post
    Whats the barrel length?
    20.5 inch. overall 24 with over barrel mod.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Best sako short action ever,

    I have the same in 20 tac.....awesome

    GLWTS

    bob
    Your Right as a right thing Bob. Having second thoughts now.

  9. #9
    SD Regular bobjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tidworth/on here/or at Downton Abbey.
    Posts
    8,828
    Blog Entries
    5
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by penta View Post
    Your Right as a right thing Bob. Having second thoughts now.
    Dont do it bud, if I ever get to the point that the barrel is shot I'm keeping the action and it WILL be rebarrled in 20 tac again.

    Looks a cracking rifle set up and if I was a 17 cal fan I'd be stood on your door sir,

    Bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

    Living with Lupus - YouTube

  10. #10

Similar Threads

  1. Bases and mounts for Sako model S491
    By Longshot in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-03-2014, 20:41
  2. Wanted Sako S491 222
    By cjm1066 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19-02-2012, 20:31
  3. For Sale sako s491
    By dc5 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-12-2011, 12:44
  4. Wanted sako s491 223 varmint!!
    By karbon77 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-10-2010, 18:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •