Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigrants/Refugees

Immigrants/Refugees

After an initial wave of sympathy it now seems that Europe is now taking-up an increased "protectionist" stand.

(Based on the news today)

This, in spite of Europe denying Cameron's "quota" proposals.

Do forum members see this as a step forward?

Bolting the stable door after the horse has been gone a few weeks more like!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Refugees go home, after.

Migrants come from Denmark and Germany and call them themselves English.

Us Celts call them Immigrants.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Refugees go home, after.

Migrants come from Denmark and Germany and call them themselves English.

Us Celts call them Immigrants.

Stan
    500 word reply deleted and now replaced with this simple message: "you must clearly be writing that because you simply don't know better"!

Last edited by PKL; 15-09-2015 at 22:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Ade8mm View Post
    After an initial wave of sympathy it now seems that Europe is now taking-up an increased "protectionist" stand.

(Based on the news today)

This, in spite of Europe denying Cameron's "quota" proposals.

Do forum members see this as a step forward?
    Its a very short term reactionary approach. The first is not to sign onto this. http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49da0e466.html

Then the Government has no obligation to do anything. Like Indonesia allowing refugees to pass through and onto Australia.

So Japan that has 180 million people accepted 11 asylum seekers last year and introducing further measures. Imagine how many north Koreans could just come by boat to Japan and seek genuine asylum from a dictatorship? Well that could easily be a few million but hey the Japanese are putting in measures reducing their less than 12 intake.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...asylum-seekers
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

In my opinion, and those of a lot of others, a very large percentage of these people are economic migrants who are looking to Europe to give them a far better standard of living than they currently have. Many have disposed of their true identification and are claiming to be from Syria as they believe that they will be more sympathetically delt with. A good number are undoubtedly genuine refugees fleeing a war torn country.

The top destinations for many of these people seem to be Germany and the UK. The open border policy the EU has, has undoubtedly contributed to the mass influx of immigrants heading our way. Fortunately this open door border policy is now beginning to be closed in countries such as Germany, Austria, Hungary etc in an effort to stem the tide of these people.

One thing is for sure, there are millions of people who would migrate to a country like ours if given the opportunity. But that doesn't mean we should take them..... I am sure that most of the population of the third world countries would move here if given the chance!

It looks like we can't currently stop anyone coming into the UK waving an EU passport. But it's about time we became far stricter on letting anybody else in. If you arrive here illegally , ie in the back of a lorry, then you have illegally entered our country and should be locked up in a detention centre until deportation... If we have to staff our ports, or Calais for that matter, with our armed forces who's job it is to search lorries etc for stow away's then so be it.

But these people should not be immediately housed by councils and given a vast array of benefits and access to our health service/schools etc with little possibility of deportation which alas, is currently the case. After all, this is the reason why we have such a problem with immigration here to start with.

We are currently the soft touch of Europe and the migrants (Europeans included) know it! It's about time the Government, no longer shackled to the Liberals, stopped making excuses and started acting to close the door.

It is a shocking fact that with the current rate of immigration and childbirth, that it is predicted that the overall majority religion in this country within the next 60 years will be Muslim. Thank the last Labour Government for throwing open our doors to mass immigration and this current government for being too gutless to do anything about it.
    Last edited by paultap; 16-09-2015 at 00:43.

Less people higher more resources per person. Population growth is not discssed in the middle east or Africa like it was in China. Just saying.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

I'm curious: every now and then an SD member announces that they've had enough of of the UK for various reasons, and heads of to Australia or New Zealand (usually).

They are almost always given a warm send off, and are accompanied by a lot of wailing about how things are going to the dogs here. Yet we have plenty to eat and are in no risk of being bombed raped or tortured by our own government.

So could someone explain to me the difference between Brits emigrating to the Antipodes in search of better opportunities for themselves and Syrians fleeing a devastating war? Clearly one is an economic opportunist and the other a desperate refugee, but I'm confused about which.

Oh wait - the Syrians tend to be brown and worship a different god. Dead giveaway...

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    I'm curious: every now and then an SD member announces that they've had enough of of the UK for various reasons, and heads of to Australia or New Zealand (usually).

They are almost always given a warm send off, and are accompanied by a lot of wailing about how things are going to the dogs here. Yet we have plenty to eat and are in no risk of being bombed raped or tortured by our own government.

So could someone explain to me the difference between Brits emigrating to the Antipodes in search of better opportunities for themselves and Syrians fleeing a devastating war? Clearly one is an economic opportunist and the other a desperate refugee, but I'm confused about which.

Oh wait - the Syrians tend to be brown and worship a different god. Dead giveaway...
    Hell of a difference when their god says if the infidels do not bow down to me,Kill them.If they wear a short skirt,Kill them.If they drink alcohol ,Kill them.If they draw funny pictures of Mohamed or Allah,Kill them.Do you get the recurring theme here.
    Last edited by geordieh; 16-09-2015 at 08:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post

No need to be confused when you move the aus or Canada or the like there's a points system where you need a trade / skill that shows you can contribute to the system there , still I'm sure it's all going to be fine I bet every single one of the Syrian / other migrants is a doctor or engineer happy days
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions