Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FC Trainee Ranger Posts.

I bet there will be a queue a mile long for this. Great opportunity.

Novice

+1 Great opportunity, Good luck to anyone on the site who is going to try for one of these posts. W.S.
    Walk little- look often .

It's not impossible !young lad from my way just got a position beating over 200 applicants you don't have to be mr deer to get a position with the FC as he proved ....he shot straight and didn't ******** the interview panel !!
    Norma

That job has been out a few weeks now. Problem is filling out all the forms online.��

Quote Originally Posted by .243 t3 View Post
    That job has been out a few weeks now. Problem is filling out all the forms online.��
    It is extremely difficult to fill out the FC online forms especially for the first time and especially if you don't have reliable superfast broadband.

The top tip is to do a bluff one first, that way you get to see each question, make a note of it, put some random characters in the box to allow you to move to the next question and make a note of that too. Do this till you have seen all the questions then cancel the application.

Now relax, have a whisky and try to regain the will to live.

Next carefully prepare the real answers in a word document offline and, when you are happy with them, start a completely new application and cut and paste the answers into the boxes.

As long as you are an expert wordsmith and an IT wizzard you should be fine!

Sounds like you have missed your vocation in life Glyn? You're quite obviously a computer geek!

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Sounds like you have missed your vocation in life Glyn? You're quite obviously a computer geek!
    Born out of nessesity! Once you've mastered an FC application and want to face a real challenge you can take on an SNH one! If you are really lucky you might get to do an online phsycobabble test!

I started to fill in the online form couple weeks ago when seen it advertised on LinkedIn, just rapidly jacked on it ��
    but that is a good tip there glyn.

matt

When you're applying for FC jobs, you need to understand the forms before you can answer the questions properly. Each question relates to a point in the job description. You need to make sure that your answer relates to the point in the job description. It's all mumbo jumbo management speak, they are trying to apply one method of recruitment to all civil service jobs so your 'core skills' or whatever they call them need to match the requirements. The interviews are much the same process, they look at the job description and ask you for specific examples of how your experience meets the critea.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.