Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car decision

Car decision

I am a bit of a petrol head and am running five cars at the moment. Thing is I am forever shifting them around and seem to visit my local garage so regularly, people think I work there. More like I work to go there
    So here I am at a junction: do I sell an E430 Mercedes with 130k on it, no rust but a sunroof in need of fixing and some new bushes needed or a 82 Saab 900 2litre carburetor with 50k and needing a new clutch and a front wheel bearing. MPG wise there is nothing between the Triumph inline 4 and the German V8 - apart from an extra 12 spark plugs
    I use the cars as winter cars and the Saab has a brand new set of Michelin Alpins on it whilst the Merc is on Falken Sports. Not that I am too worried about snow as I run two Subarus as well. So here it is, which one to sell: Merc or Saab?

Quote Originally Posted by 375win View Post
    I am a bit of a petrol head and am running five cars at the moment. Thing is I am forever shifting them around and seem to visit my local garage so regularly, people think I work there. More like I work to go there
    So here I am at a junction: do I sell an E430 Mercedes with 130k on it, no rust but a sunroof in need of fixing and some new bushes needed or a 82 Saab 900 2litre carburetor with 50k and needing a new clutch and a front wheel bearing. MPG wise there is nothing between the Triumph inline 4 and the German V8 - apart from an extra 12 spark plugs
    I use the cars as winter cars and the Saab has a brand new set of Michelin Alpins on it whilst the Merc is on Falken Sports. Not that I am too worried about snow as I run two Subarus as well. So here it is, which one to sell: Merc or Saab?

Saab 900 is so nice, you can't sell that, not ever. Sell the merc.

kind regards, Olaf

with a name like Olaf, do I detect a slight bias ;-)
    You're right the manual choke and the smell of the exhaust puts me right back to my Beetle in the early 80s

Got rid of my saab900 convertible. Rattled far to much. Mind you it had a few more miles on it than yours.
    id keep the merc.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I always remember my mate adored the old saab 900's. I'll always remember the comfortable seating but the noise the engine made when he excellerated pedal to the metal.

You could sell all 5 and buy a land rover !
    I'm a land rover fan.

Quote Originally Posted by themolecatcher View Post
    You could sell all 5 and buy a land rover !
    I'm a land rover fan.
    Hold on people already think he works at the garage with a LR people will think he lives there lol
    Wingy

Just keep one Sub.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Ditch them all and get an Audi RS 4?

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.