Car decision

375win

I am a bit of a petrol head and am running five cars at the moment. Thing is I am forever shifting them around and seem to visit my local garage so regularly, people think I work there. More like I work to go there :cry:
So here I am at a junction: do I sell an E430 Mercedes with 130k on it, no rust but a sunroof in need of fixing and some new bushes needed or a 82 Saab 900 2litre carburetor with 50k and needing a new clutch and a front wheel bearing. MPG wise there is nothing between the Triumph inline 4 and the German V8 - apart from an extra 12 spark plugs:doh:
I use the cars as winter cars and the Saab has a brand new set of Michelin Alpins on it whilst the Merc is on Falken Sports. Not that I am too worried about snow as I run two Subarus as well. So here it is, which one to sell: Merc or Saab?

I am a bit of a petrol head and am running five cars at the moment. Thing is I am forever shifting them around and seem to visit my local garage so regularly, people think I work there. More like I work to go there :cry:
So here I am at a junction: do I sell an E430 Mercedes with 130k on it, no rust but a sunroof in need of fixing and some new bushes needed or a 82 Saab 900 2litre carburetor with 50k and needing a new clutch and a front wheel bearing. MPG wise there is nothing between the Triumph inline 4 and the German V8 - apart from an extra 12 spark plugs:doh:
I use the cars as winter cars and the Saab has a brand new set of Michelin Alpins on it whilst the Merc is on Falken Sports. Not that I am too worried about snow as I run two Subarus as well. So here it is, which one to sell: Merc or Saab?

Saab 900 is so nice, you can't sell that, not ever. Sell the merc.

kind regards, Olaf

with a name like Olaf, do I detect a slight bias ;)
You're right the manual choke and the smell of the exhaust puts me right back to my Beetle in the early 80s

I always remember my mate adored the old saab 900's. I'll always remember the comfortable seating but the noise the engine made when he excellerated pedal to the metal.

Sell the merc, I like Saab's but sell that too!

Ditch them all and get an Audi RS 4?

K

words..out of ....mouth

Used 2000 Audi RS4 RS4 QUATTRO AVANT for sale in Hampshire | Pistonheads

whats not to like
450bhp
4wd
5 doors
boot
timeless style

£10k

audi-rs4-rs4-quattro-avant-S1955577-3.jpg

Sell the merc if you have a failure such as gbox its big money
sell the Saab with the low miles and get a good bit of money back

I don't no what else you have but cars are a guaranteed way to loose money so having 5 is a ball ache

sell them all and buy a Toyota hilux lol

if you if you did go down the Audi rs4 route get the manual gearbox version hehe

Back