Schultz & Larsen

Alan Rhone

I am pleased to tell you that we are now working closely with Schultz & Larsen to make their rifles readily available in the UK and Ireland. We have good stocks in already and another shipment on the way. All rifles are proof tested here in the UK as there is no proof house in Denmark. Steve Beaty at Ivythorne has already joined as a dealer and is carrying rifles in stock. We are also bringing in the Schultz & Larsen made sound moderators.

We we will be at the Shooting Show in February and the next Deer Stalking Fair. You can see the full range and read more about the company on Great Dane Rifles | Schultz & Larsen

Alan

Good luck. S&L have a great reputation over here, excellent quality, brilliant triggers and tackdrivers!
What's not to like if you want a wood/blued steel rifle.

Thank you. The are really great rifles and the company are quality driven. As you say, what's not to like.

Alan

Will you be bringing their barrel blanks into the UK too? I hear they are high quality & would be a nice option for the rifle rebuilders.

Ian

Being somewhat close to my heart obviously, I think S&L are great.

I think for what you pay the wood is not 'up there', but hey ho.

The barrels are fantastic, personally some of my favourites.

The biggest mistake S&L ever made was to stop using M98 actions;)

Will you be bringing their barrel blanks into the UK too? I hear they are high quality & would be a nice option for the rifle rebuilders.

Ian

We will not be bringing the barrel blanks in and as far as I know this is not something currently offered. If that changes then of course we will offer them.

Last edited:
Being somewhat close to my heart obviously, I think S&L are great.

I think for what you pay the wood is not 'up there', but hey ho.

The barrels are fantastic, personally some of my favourites.

The biggest mistake S&L ever made was to stop using M98 actions;)

The wood is available from standard to exhibition. I just took delivery of some superb Grade 5 stocked rifles today and that wood is beautiful. Traditional brick red pad sets them off perfectly. The standard stock is good honest walnut heartwood with a genuine oil finish and you can't get better than that.

I disagree about the Mauser action. It is a superb action but the price would put the rifle out of reach for most. Bear in mind that a Schultz starts at £1,270 and the action alone would cost double that if it was a Mauser. The action made by Schultz & Larsen is a three lug, low lift bolt that locks directly into the barrel. The rifle is a switch barrel, interchangeable calibre as well. The action is all steel and gas nitride hardened and very very smooth. I have to say that the Schultz action is the better choice in every respect and that is coming from someone who loves Mauser actions.

Alan

A friend of mine just got one of these in .243 and i have to say the action is super smooth and has a very nice trigger. It certainly shoots well enough.
I know what others mean about the finish on the wooden stock but that wouldnt bother me and as a stalking rifle to do a job rather than look at its a fine wee rifle. I would certainly consider one after using his.

The wood is available from standard to exhibition. I just took delivery of some superb Grade 5 stocked rifles today and that wood is beautiful. Traditional brick red pad sets them off perfectly. The standard stock is good honest walnut heartwood with a genuine oil finish and you can't get better than that.

I disagree about the Mauser action. It is a superb action but the price would put the rifle out of reach for most. Bear in mind that a Schultz starts at £1,270 and the action alone would cost double that if it was a Mauser. The action made by Schultz & Larsen is a three lug, low lift bolt that locks directly into the barrel. The rifle is a switch barrel, interchangeable calibre as well. The action is all steel and gas nitride hardened and very very smooth. I have to say that the Schultz action is the better choice in every respect and that is coming from someone who loves Mauser actions.

Alan

Don't get me wrong Alan, fully agree on many counts (but not all.

I have to say, I'd buy a Shultz Larsen over Sauer or Blaser any day, I'm really pleased you're carrying them, and I hope the UK market opens its eyes to the exceptional quality, engineering, but retaining a high degree of heritage and tradition in their design, and in what they represent.

I mentioned the Mauser action because I'm a committed follower, but perhaps, therefore, also stubborn to a degree. I grew up right next to S&L and my Father and friends shot with the man himself, we bought barrels off them for re-barrelling rifles, and many of them still shooting unbelievably well 20 years later. I realise why companies such as S&L and Sako went from the M98 action to their own incrementally 'improved' versions such as the L61R of course, they had to to form their own 'brand' and identity and try to compete on the design element from a marketing perspective (as well as price and supply chain risks of course); however, IMHO, some of the finest rifles ever built commercially were the mauser 98 actioned FN's, the early Sako's on FN 98's, the Husky's, and of course the S&L on M98's.

It's a shame Oberndorf was bombed back then, their production capacity could have seen a price competitive M98 action in todays market,,even the junk yugo's coming out today are near £700 trade,,,wouldn't put one in my worst enemy's hands..

Have to say, good on you for representing us Danes on foreign soil:tiphat:

Looked at one last week and was very impressed with the overall quality. I think they've got a winner on there hands.

I had a look at club members it a real cracker it had a laminated stock with an adjustable cheek piece and he also had 2 extra barrels for the rifle . I have never looked at one before and too say I was impressed was an understatement . knocks blasers into the rough grass the only thing id love to see was a mauser action version but still a cracking rifle and I will get myself one when the wife is not looking.

Back