Level 2

biglad

Hi all just going to regester for my leve 2 whos the best to go with any info and are ther any accredeted witnesses on here willing to help???? cheers Neil

who you register with in unimportant because registering is about getting your hands on a portfolio to start collecting evidence. Register quite quick though before the edition 6 portfolios come in because you will only be able to use AW's to witness when this happens. If you get the portfolio before june 1st you can still use CW's to do 2 of the 3 stalks. ATB

I would strongly recomend BASC rather than B*S. I am an AW for the scheme and feel that BASC are far better at this. However ths scheme is is going through a re vamp kind thing as of the 1st Of June.

where did that come from robbo you were at catterick on satuday its all done to same standard dictated by DMQ you can use any Accredtited/approved witness from any organisation NGO, BASC,BDS,Collages,St Huberts club et al.

Sorry I am unsure who Robbo is but nobody said you couldn't use AW's from any organisation. All we said was BASC was better than B*S

Sorry I am unsure who Robbo is but nobody said you couldn't use AW's from any organisation. All we said was BASC was better than B*S

Are you suggesting that BASC AW's are better the BDS AW's?
If so, I'd like to know what grounds you base this on?
All AW's should be of the same standard wherever they are administered from.
Ultimately they all come under the DMQ umberella anyway. There will always be differences between personalities which is human nature, but to suggest that AW's from one organisation are better than others is questionable?:confused:
As for the admin side, I've found the follow-up on a portfolio to be much more thorough from the BDS Assessors than the BASC ones. I was previously administered by BASC but have requested that it be changed to the BDS as I was given the option at the AW brief I attended recently.

the point i was trying to make is the paperwork has been submitted to all of the assessors is in my experience a smoother and usually quicker process through the north highland college then basc then bds..
so much so i asked to be registered to the NHC on saturday, and i always recomend anyone asking MY opinion to register with them.
this is just my experience in doing over 30 portpholios
thanks john.

Last edited:
NO i am not suggesting that BASC AW's are better the BDS AW's? As you quite rightly said all AW's should be of the same standard wherever as they are as they are all ultimately umbrellaed under the DMQ anyway. In my experience over the past 7 years that I have been a AW, and my dealings with assessors I have dealt with then i feel that BASC are more on the ball than BDS. I welcome these new changes as I feel it will get rid of alot of S**T AW's and Assessors. I am not taring all volenteers from BDS with the same brush but its just my observations over the years. I am sure there are shite BASC volenteers but i haven't really come accross them.

my experience of portfolio admin is that whatever centre you use can still have delays on and off and you can still have a howler. Without naming names one of your 'better' centres held my L2 portfolio for 3 weeks while it sat on a desk with others waiting to get looked at. I know this because I got in touch with the centre and EV and at least he was honest about it.

Back