Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R8 advice please

R8 advice please

Hi I have recently acquired my FAC and have selected 22-250 for foxing and 6.5x55 for deer. I really like the idea of one stock and two barrels in the R8 Blaser due to the lack of room in my cabinet. But I must admit that I am slightly dubious with the reliability of changing barrels/scopes and maintaining zero. I was wondering if anybody on here does on a regular basis what i'm trying to achieve here i.e. go stalking with the 6.5x55 then change the barrel/scope to the 22-250 setup for some foxing and trust that the setup would be bang on.

Also does anybody know of any blaser dealers that would have facilities to have a shot with the R8 professional and professional success models.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by munty123 View Post
    Hi I have recently acquired my FAC and have selected 22-250 for foxing and 6.5x55 for deer. I really like the idea of one stock and two barrels in the R8 Blaser due to the lack of room in my cabinet. But I must admit that I am slightly dubious with the reliability of changing barrels/scopes and maintaining zero. I was wondering if anybody on here does on a regular basis what i'm trying to achieve here i.e. go stalking with the 6.5x55 then change the barrel/scope to the 22-250 setup for some foxing and trust that the setup would be bang on.

Also does anybody know of any blaser dealers that would have facilities to have a shot with the R8 professional and professional success models.

cheers
    Yes it is bang on.. that's the whole point of the system and why they cost so much!

Contact corinium rifle range
    Aka hme on here Paul will give you all the advice you need
    and you will be able to try on the range
    regards Pete

My scope is taken off the R8 after every outing, purchased and zeroed in February, shot around 15 deer since, never missed, never had the slightest change in POI.
    Nothing to be worried about.

i have 3 barrels for my r8. the zero is usually bang on.

the saddle mount does have to be adjusted for each barrel though.

thanks for the replies guys

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post

+1

No complaints from me, though I did buy an additional scope and mount for my second barrel. It cost a pretty penny, but it means I can keep additional barrel purchases beneath the wife's radar.

I have 3 barrels 223, 243 and 308, but I did go with the very expensive option of (3) scope mounts and (3) scopes, I have never tried to swap scopes between the barrels and see if the zero Is repeatable, just thinking about it, they will not as the ballistics are different between each calibre... I do take the scope off after each outing and this is very repeatable.
    Last edited by OISÍN; 19-09-2015 at 07:16.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i have 3 barrels for my r8. the zero is usually bang on.

Is that 3 barrels and 3 scopes or just one scope?