Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yukon photon xt 6.5x50 what rings

yukon photon xt 6.5x50 what rings

Hi gents I have upgraded my yukon photon to a yukon photon xt 6.5x50 it is on my Remington 700 .223 mounted on a picatinny rail ... problem is I cant get enough adjustment on the windage, cross hairs are off centre to the right of the scope and maxed out , I understand that this is a common problem with the Yukon, I have set of sportsmatch adjustable mounts on it that will do the elevation but not the windage... contacted sportsmatch and they don't do a fully adjustable ring set that fits a picatinny rail............ please advise chaps !!!

Something like a Leupold or Burris base with windage screws?

Trouble is because the Yukon is a little bulky I need the picatinny rail to get the eye relief, normal rings on set bases would be no good as the rings position is directly above the bolt, I hope that makes sense ....

Burris 1 Signature Zee Weaver-Style Rings

you can buy offset inserts to correct windage for these so may solve the problem. This problem is the only thing that puts me off the Photon. Great price for the scope but may end up spending another £100-120 just to mount it

Hi,

I have mounted my photon in low rings on my Sako 85 and it works great no need for a picatinny rail, crosshairs are in the middle and it has stayed bang on.

Neil.
    Last edited by Nod-1; 19-09-2015 at 07:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod-1 View Post
    Hi,

I have mounted my photon in low rings on my Sako 85 and it works great no need for a picatinny rail, crosshairs are in the middle and it has stayed bang on.

Neil.
    Yes but is the 85 not the same mounting as the 75 and so you can adjust windage by the position of the front base?

Quote Originally Posted by nun_hunter View Post
    Yes but is the 85 not the same mounting as the 75 and so you can adjust windage by the position of the front base?
    My rear base is set all the way forward to the stop and the rear is set all the way to the rear of the dovetail, and I have not needed to adjust the bases for windage.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nod-1 View Post
    My rear base is set all the way forward to the stop and the rear is set all the way to the rear of the dovetail, and I have not needed to adjust the bases for windage.

Neil.
    The rear base butts up tight to the lug but the front can be moved back and forth to adjust windage. Mine is slid as far forwards as it goes but has only left me 1/4 turn of windage to the right from a 100m zero. Fine for normal shooting but long range I'd not have enough to correct for windage so would need to move the base first and re zero.

I've just fitted a doubler to my Photon 4.6x42. The crosshairs were already way off centre to the right(about half the scale), with the doubler, there is not enough adjustment. Sportsmatch and others do 1-piece and 2-piece mounts that should have enough adjustment, when I can find someone who has them in stock. I think the 1-piece mounts will be my choice to avoid putting stress on the tube.
    Last edited by JTO; 29-01-2016 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    I've just fitted a doubler to my Photon 4.6x42. The crosshairs were already way off centre to the right(about half the scale), with the doubler, there is not enough adjustment. Sportsmatch and others do 1-piece and 2-piece mounts that should have enough adjustment, when I can find someone who has them in stock. I think the 1-piece mounts will be my choice to avoid putting stress on the tube.
    could you post a link to the sportsmatch mount please. I too have this issue and need to get it sorted.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"