Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: midland game fair

midland game fair

don't bother it's c**p get's more like a Sunday market only good thing was the weather. IMO

That Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it should be called the clothes show not game fair. waste of a day

Just spoke with someone who went today and they said the same absolutely awful and a waste of time,
    what has happened to this once great game fair? I can remember going to this for the first time 10-15 yrs ago and thought it was the best fair I had ever been to, but each time I went after that it got steadily worse. I missed a couple of yrs and went back last yr didn't think much of it and vowed not to do it again.
    has it gone downhill since countryman fairs started to run it or have they always been involved?
    i also heard a rumour that it cost 2.5k for a 10' x 10' pitch per day If so it's no wonder there's a shortage of businesses wishing to take a pitch
    Last edited by Bandit; 19-09-2015 at 20:10.

Left at 0630 this morning got back a 2100 tonight I have been going 20 odd years don't think I will be going again not worth the money time or effort.Pikeys walking round drinking out of gallon and half gallon cider flagons.No sign of Avalon Ladds Zeiss Just cartridges were not there either not much in Fishermans Row and Gamekeepers Row was non existent. They have killed the goose that lays the golden egg

bandit has hit the nail on the head what a shame it's gone down hill it was one of the best days out if you into country pursuits.back in the day it was always cheaper on the Saturday 7.50 our 9 on Sunday. think the organizers just got greedy no GMK no browning didn't see swarovski so what's that tell you. none of the big names in attendance. 21 on the gate they are taking the p**s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Just spoke with someone who went today and they said the same absolutely awful and a waste of time,
    what has happened to this once great game fair? I can remember going to this for the first time 10-15 yrs ago and thought it was the best fair I had ever been to, but each time I went after that it got steadily worse. I missed a couple of yrs and went back last yr didn't think much of it and vowed not to do it again.
    has it gone downhill since countryman fairs started to run it or have they always been involved?
    i also heard a rumour that it cost 2.5k for a 10' x 10' pitch per day If so it's no wonder there's a shortage of businesses wishing to take a pitch

Agree its not what it was. But I had a nice day out. Met Cooking Fat on the BDS stand.
    Nice to meet you, good chat and thanks for the info.
    Tony

I took the wife and a couple of dogs, had a very pleasant five hours just mooching around not doing anything much. Not something I'd travel far to these days, and never even went down gunmakers row, but a nice day out, no complaints (except that the entry price is a bit steep), and I'm sure we'll keep going in the future.

I thought it was alright. Sure, there were a lot of stands all selling the same predictable clothing at the same price but there were some interesting ones too, and I really enjoyed watching the gundogs, and the sheepdog and police dog demos. Bought some nice photo prints for the house, a BASC calendar and a few other odds and sods.
    I wasn't blown away by it, but I enjoyed it.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

So after a disappointing and expensive day out at the Midland Game Fair, I felt the need to feedback to the the organisers, Countryman Fairs. My message on their Facebook page was as follows:

"Thoroughly disappointed with the event today Countryman Fairs. The clue is in the title 'GAME FAIR', but when there are more stalls selling saucepans than fishing rods or guns, you know you've got it wrong somewhere. This is the last time you will be getting an overpriced entrance fee from me or my family and friends. The Midland Game Fair used to be fantastic, not any more unfortunately."

Following this, a few people liked my comment and a number of others wrote similar posts. Within 30 minutes, Countryman Fairs had deleted the negative comments from their page. Just goes to show how much they value feedback!

I'll think I'll try and save my money to go to the Great British Shooting Show in February!