Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: gamekeeper's /shepherds spung hill shoes

gamekeeper's /shepherds spung hill shoes

Hi any of you guys got a pair size 7-8 spung hill shoes after many years of use my shoes are now finished I've had a look at hoggs of Fife and don't like the look of them I know that this is a long shot but thought I'd give it a try any body got a pair to sell let me know cheers pete

Have you seen the William Lennon shoes. Great company to deal with.

Shepherd Co Ltd

Thanks for sharing the link mylo

I've a pair of hill shoes needing resoled and might even get a new pair of boots.

Hi Pete,

I have various pairs but none to fit you. I've a couple of pairs of Hoggs but they were never as good as my old Goudie boots [company ceased a few years back]. These Lennon boots look to be a lot better and are made to order.

Lennon seem to be very nice people to deal with...I'll report on mine when they arrive!

K&T Footwear do them, available via a company called Shepherd's Boots and Merchandise.

Toying with the idea of a pair of these hill boots. How do they compare with the traditional walking boot design (Scarpa/ Meindl etc) that I'm used to? Would be for Hind stalking on the west coast- am I going to bounce up the hill?

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    Toying with the idea of a pair of these hill boots. How do they compare with the traditional walking boot design (Scarpa/ Meindl etc) that I'm used to? Would be for Hind stalking on the west coast- am I going to bounce up the hill?
    They are heavier and need to be Broken in, remember there isn't a " waterproof liner" so they need cared for, ie leather needs to be treated.
    i swear by them but it's a very personal thing, much more comfortable to walk in imo

They do seem a little hairshirt in the 21st Century but I'm not averse to things retro when given of a certain charm.

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 23-09-2015 at 04:30.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    K&T Footwear do them, available via a company called Shepherd's Boots and Merchandise.
    Same as from (made by ?) Lennon, but 20 quid more...

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    They do seem a little hair shirt in the 21st Century but I'm not averse to things retro when given of a certain charm.

K

Hair shirt. Never heard that before. I are tickled.