Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fac re apply

Fac re apply

H all used to have my fac and shotgun cert however surrendered it as I wasn't using it her however I now wish to re apply any thoughts on if I will get granted or not my company has been asked if it does deer management and I'm beginning to think it would be beneficial to start doing it I hold dsc 1 cert.

Based on what you've said I shouldn't expect there would be any problem with it being granted.
    Do you (or would you be able to get) have existing deer stalking permission? If not you might need to book a few stalks.....

No problems getting stalking or ground permission

Quote Originally Posted by riggers View Post
    No problems getting stalking or ground permission
    Then I'd not expect any probs at all wit the grant (as long as your police record is ok etc)

Given that you hold DSC 1 and have held one in the past and can now demonstrate good reason then no issue. In the stickies on this section are the home office guidelines - well worth a read.

And ne once you have FAC and SGC I wouldn't surrender one again. There are and will be times been life has other priorities and many who hold a SGC or FAC may only use their guns once or twice a year some years, but other times a lot more regularly.

Hi,

I gave both mine up several years ago when I left the country. I reapplied for a FAC and SGC to another police force when I returned about a year later. Absolutely no problems. I gave details of my previous certificates (i.e. the police force that I held them with) and my previous address in the application form. The new force obtained my file from the previous police force. The FEO was very pragmatic and said that although I was applying for the grant of a certificate, it was really a renewal. My circumstances had not changed (i.e. I had continued to be a good boy, had permissions and a suitable cabinet) so it was all done very quickly and with very little fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarF View Post
    Hi,

I gave both mine up several years ago when I left the country. I reapplied for a FAC and SGC to another police force when I returned about a year later. Absolutely no problems. I gave details of my previous certificates (i.e. the police force that I held them with) and my previous address in the application form. The new force obtained my file from the previous police force. The FEO was very pragmatic and said that although I was applying for the grant of a certificate, it was really a renewal. My circumstances had not changed (i.e. I had continued to be a good boy, had permissions and a suitable cabinet) so it was all done very quickly and with very little fuss.

This mirrors my experience too. I gave mine up when I lived in NZ for 7 years & also about 10 years ago just after we had twins, we were buying a house & I was insanely busy with work. Both times no problem what-so-ever to re-apply.

Cheers guys at the time I really needed the money so had no choice situations now a lot better thanks for all your replays will keep you posted

Never had a problem here when my wife gave up her sgc for a few years because we couldn't then afford to renew ours both at the same time. Transferred her guns to my cert for a few years, then she re-applied when our finances had stabilised a bit. No bother at all, and very quick turnaround.