Reusing powder

Mullycap

I only use one brand of powder, I am going to pull some heads out of home loaded rounds.
the loaded ammo has been keep in dry, sound environment
can I reuse the powder.
whats you guys veiw

I only use one brand of powder, I am going to pull some heads out of home loaded rounds.
the loaded ammo has been keep in dry, sound environment
can I reuse the powder.
whats you guys veiw

I occasionally do this for a small number of rounds, if I don't have an opportunity to shoot the rounds off for practice. Regards JCS

I pulled 150 rounds of factory 300wm ammo
left me with 2\3lb of powder

i sold the brass and used the power and the Remington corelokt bullets to work up a really nice and effectively free load

powder is powder....treat as powder

What a load of tosh - of course you can.[/

Ho Ho you fell for that, if you even thought for one second I was serious you must be taking life too seriously.
I can't imagine anybody thinking it wouldn't.
Can you imagine powder looking at new case "oh oh, that doesn't look as comfy as our last case so I'm not going in there"

Last edited:
I'm going to pour out powder fire primer to make safe resize then tumble. Give to a mate who use geco cases. As these are sized twice but once fired

Mullycap You don't have to fire off the primers extend your decapping pin in resize die and gently push out the primers and reuse

Mullycap You don't have to fire off the primers extend your decapping pin in resize die and gently push out the primers and reuse

Wear safety specs, Also being careful using this method will not guarantee ignition when you drop the hammer next time around, as sometimes the anvil can be deformed/pushed hard up against the rear of the primer, bit of a pi**er when you just lined up on a freezer filler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back